Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670867 times)

paulc and 51 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19605 on: August 23, 2023, 01:52:55 pm »
It was good to see you again, pappy. I think the weather at Elm Hall was as nice as its been in years. Very tolerable temps and the skeeters were non existent on the courses. At least when I was out shooting them.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19606 on: August 24, 2023, 07:13:45 am »
Yep it was good seeing you also Chris along with all the other guys. Yes the weather was nice and the skitters weren't bad especially around camp. (=)Their was a couple of wet spots on the courses that could get pretty bad the right time of day but with a little spray it was all good. The weather had been really hot here so when I got up there is was great, had to cover up at nigh, loved it.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19607 on: August 28, 2023, 07:31:07 am »
No pictures this week, spent most of the weekend with Miss Joanie for our 50th party and packing stuff for our trip west, had a great time with family and friends, now for the next 50  ;) :) :) Got the truck and trailer serviced and almost packed, got a few more things to throw in when we get ready to pull out but for the next couple of days I plan on just shooting and relaxing a bit and trying to get ahead of a few choirs around the house.We plan on pulling out Wednesday evening so should be there Good Lord willing Thursday evening in time to set up the main tent and camp. Really looking forward to it , looks like the weather is going to be low70's/low 40's so looking forward to that also. Hope yall have a good one and hope to have a lot of pictures to share in a couple of weeks. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19608 on: August 28, 2023, 04:58:01 pm »
Good luck and safe travels Pappy. Most of all hope you all have a great time. Think it’s so cool you can make that hunt together. Hope you can still do it with your grandkids

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19609 on: August 29, 2023, 03:15:34 am »
You and Beau have safe travels, and a Great Hunt Pappy! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19610 on: August 29, 2023, 07:05:48 am »
Thanks guys, taking Sally to get her stitches out early this morning then finish loading the truck and trailer, I will take the trailer home today and be ready to pull out tomorrow evening, long drive but a good time to talk and solve all the Worlds problems. :) :) See yall in a couple of weeks if all goes well. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19611 on: August 29, 2023, 03:51:30 pm »
Happy hunting for you and Beau, Pappy and safe travels. Looking forward to seeing you with a bull this year.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline wooddamon1

« Reply #19612 on: August 31, 2023, 06:49:48 pm »
Best of luck to you and your son, Pappy! Looking forward to seeing the recap!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19613 on: September 12, 2023, 03:39:54 am »
On our way home, somewhere in Kansas. Be home about around noon tomorrow. No luck for me but of course Beau did, I got to be there and watch which was better than getting it myself. Lots of stories of Elk and bear. I will get some pictures up in a day or 2,got a lot of work ahead when we get home.😉👍life is good. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #19614 on: September 12, 2023, 07:26:30 am »
Good to hear that you are safe.  Be careful on the drive home.  Can't wait to hear the stories!

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #19615 on: September 12, 2023, 08:27:09 am »
On our way home, somewhere in Kansas. Be home about around noon tomorrow. No luck for me but of course Beau did, I got to be there and watch which was better than getting it myself. Lots of stories of Elk and bear. I will get some pictures up in a day or 2,got a lot of work ahead when we get home.😉👍life is good. Pappy
Glad Beau scored!  We're heading up Thursday for our first big hunt.  It's a bit less of a drive for us than for you.  I still have yet to kill an elk with a bow, or a bull with anything.  This might be the year.  But I think that ever year.  :)
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19616 on: September 13, 2023, 08:33:14 am »
Made it home late yesterday, I am worn out. Got lots of unpacking and meat to work up but very happy. It will take a few days to catch up but will have some stories and pictures of the trip up in a few days. Thanks Glen we are safe, skinned up a bit and sore but other than that all good. ;) :) :) only fell 7 times so guess that's good. :-\ ;) :) WB good luck on your hunt, hope it turns out well. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19617 on: September 13, 2023, 09:09:56 am »
Glad you and Beau had a successful and safe trip. Congratulations to Beau! Looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing the story.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19618 on: September 13, 2023, 09:49:11 am »
Looking forward to stories and pics and congrats to Beau for his success and congrats to you for surviving 7 falls and the trip all together. Well done to both of you.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19619 on: September 14, 2023, 06:44:54 am »
Thanks guys, yes it was a great trip, got lots to do today.Cutting up and packaging meat and also need to set up our tent to clean and dry out. Always a lot to do after a trip like this.I will post some pictures of the trip over the next few days.Hope yall enjoy. On the way we got to see the moon, I think it was called the blue moon and won't be seen again until 2037 so odds are I won't see it again, it was bright and very special. As we traveled west got our first view of the mountains. good feeling for sure but still a long way away. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good