Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670940 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2175 on: October 06, 2008, 10:01:17 am »
I only hunted Friday evening and Sat. morning,did see 6 doe and 3 buck but no real close encounters,1 buck got about 30 yards.I moved a stand Sat. when I came out that I have high
hopes for but don't plan on hunting it till the weekend after the rain I hope we get. :)Yes
Greg I got the big on he made for the deer Classic.Joanie took it and put it on the table in the living room,I probably won't get that one back. ;) Congrats to yall,nicely done.Terry's was taken with his recurve and Glenn resorted to training wheels,he wouldn't even get it out of the truck when he
brought the deer down. ;) To each there own. ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2176 on: October 06, 2008, 01:51:08 pm »
Dang! You guys have too much fun and eat well to boot. Looks like a bunch of fun!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2177 on: October 07, 2008, 05:32:26 am »
It is Tiller,you need to come visit in the winter also. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2178 on: October 07, 2008, 08:14:39 am »
Yes
Greg I got the big on he made for the deer Classic.Joanie took it and put it on the table in the living room,I probably won't get that one back.

"You probably won't get that one back..." , isn't that living room in Joanie and your house? I'd say you're getting to enjoy it in your living room!  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2179 on: October 07, 2008, 09:00:43 am »
Ya but I never stay in the living room,she sends me to the basement. ;) ;D Got all the backstraps
cut up yesterday,now all I like is the hams and other scrap pieces.Man I will be glad to get this
done.It happens every year ,I kill one or 2 and always have several give to me at the Classic,so for
the first week or so of the season it seems like that is all I do.Got a lot of good leg sinew along with
a bunch of backstrap sinew also,that will be handy for the up coming year.  ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Ranger B

« Reply #2180 on: October 07, 2008, 10:06:47 am »
I only have a couple of days left down here in LA (Lower Alabama) and I'll put it in the rear view mirror.  Yesterday I had lunch with a buddy of mine who is a Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE) instructor.  We got to talking about all the snakes down here and I mention being able to put their skins to use.  We parted after dinner and before I got to my room he called me and said he had a timber rattler out at one of the training sites.  He said he'd bring me the skin tomorrow.  I'm going to put him to work full time   ;D ;D

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2181 on: October 07, 2008, 10:38:29 am »
Good times had by all ;D. Does sound like you've got yer hands full Pappy - but in a good way though ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2182 on: October 08, 2008, 05:26:48 am »
Got all the deer worked up Yesterday,made a large cooler full of nothing but steaks,roast
and stew meat.Grant also got 2 more worked up for the freezers at the club for all the eating we do when we are there.Mine was for Miss Joanie.Now I am ready to go out again.Finely  ;) ;D
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #2183 on: October 08, 2008, 12:47:44 pm »
Love to come join you guys. Got to get some funds together before I can plan anything though. Looks like a bunch of fun!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2184 on: October 08, 2008, 02:09:49 pm »
David, you'd have to work on a new scented soap from what you've been using before Pappy would allow you to hunt on his place I'm sure!  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #2185 on: October 08, 2008, 04:55:41 pm »
Lets see, "doe in heat" scented soap. Bring the girls right to ya!  ;D

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2186 on: October 08, 2008, 10:24:52 pm »
Hey, send me a bar of that D - I'm trying to get the man smell outa my camo right now. Can ya overnight it ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2187 on: October 08, 2008, 10:26:29 pm »
dont forget (Buck sceet lavender)  >:D
Mililani Hawaii

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #2188 on: October 09, 2008, 12:28:24 am »
How about "Scatt" to cover that unsightly human odor?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2189 on: October 09, 2008, 06:59:38 am »
 ;D ;D ;D Ya Tiller you can't go out smelling like a French H#$@ unless you got the wind right,trouble is the last time you was there you smelled up the whole holler.They would
defiantly know you was visting.  ;) ;D ;D Just kidding ,I think a good wash in the creek
with some strong lye soap and then rubbed down with some Deer tarsal glans should do
the trick. ;) Miss Joanie got all the meat rapped and in the freezer last night.Freezer
is full and she is happy.I got a lot of brownie points with that load and as much as I am
gone that is a good thing. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good