Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4668125 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: Life is good
« Reply #4470 on: April 05, 2010, 10:34:16 am »
Pappy:  Thanks for another look into the life at Twin Oaks!  More turkeys, cooking, knappin, knives, and pictures.  Only Eddie with his stave, camos, and flip flops.  Like the knives all hafted and the handful I hope to trade out of with Greg.  Appreciated the picture of King Ron and hope he is getting after the challenge.  Have been working on a project for him and just waiting on some lace to come via UPS to have it finished. The next step is putting a load together so I can be on my way to the Classic!  My neighbor told my there were a Thousand head of elk in his pasture day before yesterday and one was the white elk.  Have been seeing them on both ridges from the house and hope some more snow goes away so I can get out to hunt some horns!  Thanks for Monday's pictures!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Keenan

« Reply #4471 on: April 05, 2010, 05:08:48 pm »
  Love this thread! Really feel like I'm there sometimes when I'm reading. I'm sure that when we get down there for the Classic that it will be all that we've heard and imagined.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4472 on: April 06, 2010, 06:27:05 am »
Yall are welcome,I enjoy doing it.Kenna I am sure you will feel right at home.Seems most
people do.I guess Eddie is almost home,he left last night about 7 or 8.Dave and him didn't
do any good yesterday,Chris and his buddy's killed a couple of nice ones on Chris's place.
I think they were from AK. and some really nice guys.They are supposed to come back
for the Classic.Got lots of feathers, ;) ;D I plan on getting after them this weekend after the place clears out.I like to hunt when there is no one around to worry about messing up. :) Me or them. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4473 on: April 06, 2010, 03:25:21 pm »
 I had a great time and hated to go home. Looks like I went off and left that IW stave, guess I'll finish it at the Classic. Here's a few more pictures

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4474 on: April 06, 2010, 03:30:34 pm »
 The group picture was me and Dave with the guy's from Arkansas, Beau and John Ford, former Buffalo Bills Reciever. Great guy's. And the Turkey they friedup Sunday night.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #4475 on: April 06, 2010, 03:38:46 pm »
All the bow roughing in, and knife making, and turkey hunting makes a guy tired doesn't it? ;) Thanks again for the book Eddie, I started reading it yesterday!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4476 on: April 06, 2010, 04:06:31 pm »
 I hope you enjoy the book, Greg. Thanks for the help on the stave and good company.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline BearG

« Reply #4477 on: April 06, 2010, 05:48:31 pm »
Nice bird Mullet.   Man looks like you guys had a blast.  Of corse if you cant down there you got a real problem.  See you all in acouple of weeks.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4478 on: April 06, 2010, 09:26:20 pm »
 Bear, I had enough vacation to stay till the Classic. I would have loved to but would have had to find another job and wife.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline RG

« Reply #4479 on: April 06, 2010, 09:35:45 pm »
Good to see you made it back safe Eddie Enjoyed the time and Brazilian toast

Ron

Offline cracker

« Reply #4480 on: April 06, 2010, 09:55:44 pm »
Gladypu,re back safe Eddie,nice bird. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4481 on: April 07, 2010, 06:38:41 am »
Great pictures Eddie,glad you made it home OK and had a good time,that bottom had another big boy in it yesterday evening.I may get down there Sat. morning for a little while.We have a meeting and working at 8am so I won't have much time but would love to get down there for a little while.Dave was down there yesterday morning and said he had a least 4 or 5 gobbling an hour before daylight.I think he has decided to stay till Sat.He is hunting with Chris today.See ya in a few weeks. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4482 on: April 07, 2010, 12:29:46 pm »
 That's probally the one I missed Sunday morning, Pappy. He was still roosting there Monday morning.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4483 on: April 07, 2010, 12:39:50 pm »
Dave O and Chris both killed one this morning on Chris's place,Dave just called and decided to head home,said he had work and would be back in 3 weeks. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline StevenT

« Reply #4484 on: April 07, 2010, 12:59:17 pm »
This is just an opinion from an outsider, but I really like this thread. I don't know if it is the longest, but it is the best. It took me several reading sessions to get through it and I check it out whenever something new is added. But it was because of this thread that I knew I had to make it to the classic. If for no other reason than to smell some of that great food cooking!  Looking at those pics makes my stomach growl! Great thread... keep it going and see ya'll in a couple weeks.