Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670875 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5010 on: July 19, 2010, 07:51:57 am »
Young and old,all seemed to have a great time.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5011 on: July 19, 2010, 07:56:35 am »
Joe's registration book,thanks Joe ,everyone loved it.Gary splicing some Yew billets,Miss Joanie
and King Rod talking over some business and I got to see some old friends I hadn't seen in a
while. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5012 on: July 19, 2010, 08:02:06 am »
O ya in the last pictures was some of Shanon and Jess's work,I think they sold a few. :)
The Hunters shoot down was cool,winner took home  $1,000.00.There was some really good shooter there ,for sure and it was a lot of fun to watch.Also I think Jesse's son took a liking to me.Great kid. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5013 on: July 19, 2010, 08:06:28 am »
Jesse and his boy,Chris[sodbuster] and some selfbows guys going out on the final round of the IBO
world. We had another pot luck Sat. night.Yum Yum. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5014 on: July 19, 2010, 08:13:29 am »
The last shot was of the pop up targets,very cool. The awards,one of the female shooters,very nice trophy for second,first was a gold belt buckle.They cam from all across the country and all seemed to enjoy the southern hospitality at least they said they did. Wished we could have had more of yall there,it was a different bunch that attend the Classic but nice folks just the same,all have a deep love for Archery.Hope you had a good weekend also.Life is good.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #5015 on: July 19, 2010, 11:08:54 am »
I had a great time and would love to thank Mark, Miss Jonie,  and all the Twin Oaks guys for a great time.  They make me and my wife feel like family every time where down no matter how busy they are (and they where this weekend). ;D  My wife just couldn't leave so we ended up getting home a little later than I would have liked but as long as she had fun.

Also I'd like to thank Shannon (sawfiler) for putting snake skins on my David Knight bow.  I know its a lot of work,  and he had the extra challenge of a film crew filming it all. ;D

I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline BearG

« Reply #5016 on: July 19, 2010, 01:03:23 pm »
Hey Mark did anyone turn in a Leatherman?  I had it yesterday helping take down a banner,  It may be in me truck haven't checked to hard yet.

Offline cracker

« Reply #5017 on: July 19, 2010, 11:54:05 pm »
Hey Pappy looks like a lot of hard work and sweat to get a good time going this time of year, looks like it all went well wish I coulda been there.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Shad

« Reply #5018 on: July 20, 2010, 09:39:34 am »
This was my first trip to Twin Oaks. Man what a place. The whole club made this Hoosier boy and my lovely girlfriend Stacey feel like family. Such a great place to shoot. Can't wait till may to do it all again. I will bring the right beer next time though so Bear can stop calling me a communist :).
Pick a spot!
~Shad

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5019 on: July 20, 2010, 09:48:22 am »
He will still call You a Commie.... ;D....but He will drink Your Beer .... >:D....To find a better bunch of People...you would be Hard Pressed....and if you think that You were welcomed at this Event...wait till you show up for the Classic....You will feel like you are at a Family Reunion....because You Will Be...nice to have you aboard....don't be a Stranger..... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline BearG

« Reply #5020 on: July 20, 2010, 09:49:15 am »
This was my first trip to Twin Oaks. Man what a place. The whole club made this Hoosier boy and my lovely girlfriend Stacey feel like family. Such a great place to shoot. Can't wait till may to do it all again. I will bring the right beer next time though so Bear can stop calling me a communist :).
;D ;D ;D

Offline BearG

« Reply #5021 on: July 20, 2010, 09:52:58 am »
He will still call You a Commie.... ;D....but He will drink Your Beer .... >:D....To find a better bunch of People...you would be Hard Pressed....and if you think that You were welcomed at this Event...wait till you show up for the Classic....You will feel like you are at a Family Reunion....because You Will Be...nice to have you aboard....don't be a Stranger..... ;)
my fav ice cold, my brand and free!
And your right a great big family reunion

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5022 on: July 20, 2010, 01:52:49 pm »
Pappy is Greg going to be there this upcoming weekend?  Allen gave me some knife blades to return to him that he heat treated. 

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

MuzP

« Reply #5023 on: July 20, 2010, 03:09:53 pm »
 :) ;) Pappy, I left some info on the IBO section before I got to this link. I just want to say thank you and your staff for a grand time here at Twin Oaks. Maybe I'll bring back a whole elk and make jerky for ya'll. Life was Good for me this past weekend due to a wonderful wife who gave me a plane ticket for my birthday so I could attend this shoot, I also want to thank our Service Men & Women for providing us the freedom to enjoy this event, and last of all I thank the Great Spirit for keeping us safe. 

Pappy if you find a spare Twin Oaks t-shirt, I sure would like to buy one from ya.
Thanks again,
MuzP

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #5024 on: July 20, 2010, 04:38:07 pm »
Looks like a great shoot, wish I could have made it down there.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.