Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670944 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5430 on: October 29, 2010, 06:49:22 pm »

Talkin about deer, we had one running down the middle of the road outside my store yesterday. Looked up and there was this crazy doe running right down the median line. Then she came running back the other way. If I had my bow with me then! Maybe not such a good idea with all the neighbors here. But it was kinda different!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #5431 on: October 29, 2010, 09:19:57 pm »
Good luck to you and yours David.

Tiller, don't ask me how I did it! I just did it! ???
 Now that right there is a friend Pappy ;D Stretching a hide for me and scraping the hair off. 8)  What's the catch??? You want more turkey don't ya? :D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline fencepost

« Reply #5432 on: October 30, 2010, 10:56:35 am »
looks like life is good. I sure want to spend some time a the club. I am almost finished rebuilding my houseThat  flood about ruined me.I am just about ready for cabinets and flooring. My heat and air about finished . I hope to take a break in time for powder season but winter is getting here quick  Back to work . God bless yall......l Pete

Offline Otis

« Reply #5433 on: October 31, 2010, 08:21:10 am »
Thanks everyone for the well wishes.  Getting closer ;D. Can't wait to get down there. I went hunting yesterday morning and didn't see a deer again! I'm 0-6 now. Plenty of fresh sign, and the guy who's house I park at calls last night at 9:30 and tells me a doe and buck cross his driveway in front of him on his way back to the house just then.  I know their there, but not when I am. I guess that's why the call it hunting. Good Luck to everyone, shoot straight.
                                                        David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5434 on: November 01, 2010, 06:11:13 am »
See ya in a week David, Had a great weekend with the kids and got a lot done to boot,got all the snakes skinned,Shanon's rawhide finished and between me/Woody and Jesse got 3 more hides on the rack.Had a lot of visitors and good food. ;) :) :) Got to meet GregB's new gal,sweet girl seems like/We were skinning and stretching while she was there so that gave her a real look at the folks he runs with. ;) :) :) Hope she didn't mind. One of the boys got a deer.100lb 4 point,It was his first deer he is 8 years old.Lots of firsts seem to happen down there.Here are some pictures of the weekend.I got one more week then I will have 10 day,more fun. :) In the last pictures Case was showing J how to make a snare and they also wanted there own fire,J had never done anything like this before and to say he was overwhelmed would be an understatement,he loved it.I think he is hooked.  :) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5435 on: November 01, 2010, 06:15:17 am »
Getting ready for the moning hunt and coming back in with a deer,I found the 7 point dead at the back side of my place,Shanon wanted to see the rack and see if it was the one he hit a few weeks ago.Don't think it was  ??? :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5436 on: November 01, 2010, 06:20:12 am »
3 genrations of Powells, with J's first deer.Art getting us some breakfast together,Doing a little skinning and stretching.Art trying out one of JohnT's new quiver. nice work. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5437 on: November 01, 2010, 06:25:21 am »
JohnT's new hunting arrows and Osage bow ready for next week.Finishing up Shanon's rawhide,I let Jesse do around the holes, he is much better with the scraper. It came off a young buck and is very thin,should make some good backing and other nice projects. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5438 on: November 01, 2010, 06:28:45 am »
Getting some more hides racked up ,then getting supper started,see who is standing around close.- ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5439 on: November 01, 2010, 06:33:32 am »
Supper Sat. night.deer backstrap,pork chops,Taters and brisket's. Then Giving J a lesson on
skinning and boning a deer.Jesse saved another nice hide.  :)  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5440 on: November 01, 2010, 06:39:25 am »
The last hide racked for the weekend,now we got a lot of scraping to do. :) :) Sadie just relaxing Sunday morning waiting for the boys to get back from the woods,Last is Payton a good friend of the Club and me,took a nice buck Sunday morning with a muzzle loader. That is his second nice deer this year.Hope yall had a good one I know I did. :) Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #5441 on: November 01, 2010, 08:47:19 am »
Great weekend Pappy looks like the yunguns are knockin em dead. Life is good.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline BearG

« Reply #5442 on: November 01, 2010, 10:56:36 am »
Tee Minus 4 days
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5443 on: November 01, 2010, 02:07:23 pm »
Gonna be there Friday Bear?  If so what time cause I'd like to be there when you arrive.

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline BearG

« Reply #5444 on: November 01, 2010, 03:35:18 pm »
Gonna be there Friday Bear?  If so what time cause I'd like to be there when you arrive.

John
nope Sat. morning sometime.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.