Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670942 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12765 on: October 12, 2015, 04:45:03 am »
Art Vincent came by and brought me a load of Bamboo , I don't build backed bows, but who knows I might some day and it is always good for trade material. He also gifted me with one of his Boo backed bows,some of you may know him from his leather work, he is a true craftsman when it come to leather. Thanks Art.  ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:50:12 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12766 on: October 12, 2015, 04:47:19 am »
I spent the evening splitting the boo into workable slats. Had a bunch of kids come by, and yes you guessed it to the napping pit they head, only 1 cut this time. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12767 on: October 12, 2015, 04:49:26 am »
The Bow Art gifted me getting the once over from Chuck. :) It passed his inspection. ;) Then a nice supper and fire for the cool evening. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12768 on: October 12, 2015, 04:55:43 am »
Then Sunday morning Beau came down to hunt with me, I got a call about 8am,deer down, that's my boy. Stack um up Beau. He was in a spot we call the Honey hole, been more deer killed in that stand than anywhere else on the place, lots of 1st there also, That is where Eddie
[Mullet] took his first bow killed deer and many more 1st over the years . Beau's was a Nice 118 lb 5 point. :) 8 yard shot and didn't make it out of sight. Now we get to check out our new meat grinder he and I bought for our self  for Christmas last year.  :)Hope yall had a good one, I sure did. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:52:50 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #12769 on: October 12, 2015, 05:21:39 am »
Thanks as always Pappy for sharing ! The Campfire pictures just don't look right, with-out "The Chair"  O:). Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12770 on: October 12, 2015, 06:31:17 am »
I know Bob , I have another new one I plan on putting in it's place, the one we burnt had just been repaired to many time to fix again and I was afraid someone was going to get hunt in it.  I do miss it.  ;)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12771 on: October 12, 2015, 07:18:23 am »
Congratulations, Beau, fine looking deer. I'll tell him in person in a few weeks. Hey Pappy, no compounds are making the trip this year.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Josh B

« Reply #12772 on: October 12, 2015, 07:27:05 am »
Looks like the season is off to a great start!  I hope you get some arrows bloody before you get worked on Pappy.  Also I hope you have a quick recovery.  Josh

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #12773 on: October 12, 2015, 08:54:48 am »
After reading about lock on cables breaking I started replacing mine with chains but have only done one out of 5 so far, the other four are still hanging on trees. I did put a lifeline on the stands I put up this year so if the stand does fail I won't be going anywhere. I hook to the lifeline when I leave the ground and never unhook until I get back on the ground.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12774 on: October 12, 2015, 09:54:29 am »
I don't have the life line system but to have an 3/8 solid loop eye bolt in every stand set up  and a hunter safety system vest and am very careful to get it hooked before putting any trust in the stand. Funny thing is both of these broke while putting them up and getting them set in.
Life line would be the best method I am sure and may do that also at some point. I just really try and stay alert and NEVER trust any part of the stand/steps or limbs I use sometime, I try to keep in my mind that it is going to break until I am hooked up. :) kind of like the old saying, I never trust all my eggs to just one basket. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Mad Jack

« Reply #12775 on: October 12, 2015, 03:21:35 pm »
Thanks for the info on the cables pappy. I have several of those stands and will be looking into chains very soon.

Just curious , where are they breaking, at the crimps?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12776 on: October 12, 2015, 04:37:16 pm »
Yep at the crimp .Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #12777 on: October 12, 2015, 06:56:53 pm »
We had a great weekend here too Pappy. My daughter shot her first deer during our rifle deer hunt. Nice doe. She is very busy with school.and related activities that its hard to get her to the woods. She had the entire day open Saturday So we made the best of it.  We sat from 6am -10 and then noon til 6:35 when she finally got an opportunity 5 minutes before quitting time.  Solid lung shot. She was so excited. Now to just get her one with the bow.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #12778 on: October 12, 2015, 08:19:43 pm »
We had a great weekend here too Pappy. My daughter shot her first deer during our rifle deer hunt. Nice doe. She is very busy with school.and related activities that its hard to get her to the woods. She had the entire day open Saturday So we made the best of it.  We sat from 6am -10 and then noon til 6:35 when she finally got an opportunity 5 minutes before quitting time.  Solid lung shot. She was so excited. Now to just get her one with the bow.

Smilin' real wide here.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12779 on: October 12, 2015, 10:45:14 pm »
Sweet, Glenn! Memories!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?