Author Topic: Mamoth Blades  (Read 8319 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Mamoth Blades
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 11:42:43 pm »
Emory always amazes me with his skill! Hey Keenan, you going to GB this year? Cant make it. Too much going on up here. Wish I could make it!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 12:14:13 am »
SHhhh... if you listen close enough you can hear the swoosh of the whip.  ;D
Mililani Hawaii

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 12:18:49 am »
Well was gonna say some things but sounds like some things going on I dont know about. If u smell what the rock is cooking! :-X

Offline Keenan

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 01:05:57 am »
David ,David ,David,  You still ain't brought her around to meet the rest of the family. :o ::)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 07:49:57 am »
Cool blades,Kennan I still have the one you sent in the shop ,still in the brief case it came in. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 08:04:54 pm »
Jeesh Keenan! Howd ya guess!  ;D

I will see what I can do. I may be able to take the weekend and head out Friday morning and then have to head back Monday morning. Gayle will be out this way in April for a four days. Dont want to take too much time off or the business partner may scalp me! OUCH!!!  :o

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 12:46:10 am »
you guys and your big blades...whats this world coming too...who wants to do that.. :D :D :D :D

Offline stickbender

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 03:50:38 am »

Keenan, the points that I saw at Emory's, were amazing.  He has a room full of cases, of arrowheads, and doodles, he made out of obsidian, flint, and what ever material he came across that would knapp.  He has tiny little arrow heads, made out of garnets, that were made into ear rings.  There is nothing wrong with his arrow heads, they are perfect in symmetry, and VERY thin! :o  He has no problem making em thin, or of any style.  He just likes to make the big stuff also, but he does make a lot of arrow heads, and other interesting stuff.  I had to keep pushing my mouth closed, every time he would bring out another case.  Unfortunately my camera was acting up, and the battery ran out of juice, so I didn't get the shots I wanted, or all the pictures I wanted.

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 04:27:46 am »

Dana M, pictures of Emory Coons have been mailed to you.  Thanks.  I mean, Hey, der Dana, I jes sent dem pictures o Emory Coons, ya know, so when ya see da email wit from curly....... and subject of Montana house pictures, it's from me so ya can open it, and der won't be no bugs or anyting to mess wit yer computer, hey? ;)

Wayne

Offline DanaM

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 07:23:05 am »
Here's the pictures Wayne e-mailed me :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:21:39 am by DanaM »
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 08:22:19 am »
few more eh

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Stoker

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 10:32:20 am »
WOW that's some fine knapping..Cool pics
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 02:29:37 pm »
 He's amazing; Hey Jesse, It's hard to here that kind of whip. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 02:53:00 pm »

Thanks Dana M !  I appreciate it.  The two obsidian daggers, he is holding in the picture right after the 42 inch unfinished pumpkin Obsidian blade, are spiral daggers! :o  You can't see it in the picture unfortunately, but the blades spiral around like a corkscrew!  it is hard enough working Obsidian as brittle as it is, especially on large objects, and to keep the spiral symmetrical to boot! :o  Those eagles are thin too!  :o I can't even make a blade without breaking it, in Obsidian! :( :'(  And in the picture of the case with the Eagles, and arrow heads, and doo dads, the dark arrow heads to the right are Garnet!  :o He made some into earing's.  8) He had cases of stuff like this, but my camera went on the blink, and I couldn't get any more pictures.  :( But if any of you ever get out to Oregon, trust me on this, it will be well worth while to stop in Burns, and meet Emory, and his Dad.  The whole yard is nothing but Obsidian boulders, and various kinds of other rock, jasper, flint, etc., front and back, and sides!!  And be ready to have your jaw drop to the ground when he shows you some of his stuff! He is absolutely amazing, and he doesn't think it is anything to write home about, he is proud of his work, but that is the extent of it.  He just enjoys doing that kind of work, and he has been doing it for so long, it doesn't seem like any particular big deal to do it anymore.  I will definitely be going back out to see him again.  Gotta get more rock anyway.  Gave it all away. ;D
Eddie, you shouldn't be razzing Jesse about hearing the whip.  It is bad enough having a leash on, without having to hear a whip too! ;D ;D ;D

Wayne

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 11:22:19 pm »
emory has a whole lot of skill...i love his collection of jasper points....the main reason emory is so good is that if he didnt chip rock he would go crazy in burns...and if you been to burns you would know why....john