Author Topic: Getting Old and Cranky  (Read 14208 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Getting Old and Cranky
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2013, 11:35:07 pm »
Glad to hear it, Scott.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Roy

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2013, 11:37:34 pm »
Great, hope they both come back.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2013, 12:55:26 am »
Good glad to hear that,life is too short,and i got too much to leatn ,and im starting this stuff too late.   8)
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2013, 01:56:05 am »
That's the best news I heard all week!  Josh

Offline iowabow

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2013, 02:16:23 am »
I talked to Joe on the phone today and we said sorry to each other and meant it!

I want you folks to know that I deleted my post out of respect for Joe and left this site out of respect for his place in this community. He has been around a long time and has earned it.

It was not my intent to offend Joe. However my multi post of ABO poking fun at some of my friends was rightly misunderstood by some people. Many of you did not see the video I made making fun of ME  with my second to my last post.

In composing my post and I would call other PA members to make sure the stuff was not offensive. I would say "is this funny or will it be taking the wrong way"  However a person only viewing 1 or 2 of the post could easily take offence to the content out of context.

The lesson I have learned is other people will not be seeing all of the dialogue. My approach was wrong and turned people off and that was not my goal.

My goal was to help others learn to do ABO and explain how it can be easy.

I was only poking fun at my buddies that knap with copper.

I love copper knappin if you knap with copper great!

If you want help with ABO just let me know would be glad to help you.

I was very upset with those who jumped in and appeared to bash me but I have come to understand that it was more about your act to support your buddy and I can respect that. If you know me then you know I am not a hateful person.

We (Joe and I) want to be an example to this community of how two good guys can talk things out and be friends in the end. When I meet Joe at the classic I though he was a cool guy and have a lot of respect for him calling and talking through this issue.

Then we talked about elk hunting...end of story.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 02:21:05 am by iowabow »
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2013, 03:09:28 am »
Outstanding!  Hats off to both of you.  Things sure can be misunderstood in tweets, posts, texts, etc...  I have enjoyed both of y'all's posts in the past and would have been sad to see you go.   Good deal.  :)
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2013, 06:21:08 am »
Great news ,made my day John, :) :) I think the world of both you guys. I am So glad yall got it worked out. :) Hope you both will reconcider and come on back. :) Miss yall already.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2013, 07:28:09 am »
Glad you both worked it out like real men  :)

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2013, 08:14:27 am »
So glad to hear this !
Good way to start my morning !
Hope to see ya both at the Classic next spring !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Roy

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2013, 09:23:49 am »
^5 to both of you fine men..

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2013, 09:43:44 am »
I would like to apologize for my comment.  I had the same misunderstanding about your copper posts as Joe did.  I was upset over the fact that he was leaving because of it.  I'm glad that you guys worked it out and I'm thankful that you have returned to PA.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline TRACY

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2013, 10:20:48 am »
Good news John!

I still don't/didn't  see the "dogpile", just mass misunderstanding , but it's a mute point now :)

Point of the month is a turkey tail  >:D

Glad your back!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2013, 10:44:53 am »
One thing I have found in countless postings is the varying degrees of reading comprehension among members.

I may post "first you cut a tree" and have someone respond" I don't get it, what do you mean by gutting a tree". This is an extreme example made up by me to make a point but sometimes we express things that make perfect sense to us but are misconstrued by the readers. 

blackhawk

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2013, 10:51:02 am »
One thing I have found in countless postings is the varying degrees of reading comprehension among members.

I may post "first you cut a tree" and have someone respond" I don't get it, what do you mean by gutting a tree". This is an extreme example made up by me to make a point but sometimes we express things that make perfect sense to us but are misconstrued by the readers.

So wut u sayen is I'm a dum illitrrate rednek?  :laugh:

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2013, 12:10:15 pm »
Shew...Now that was a long post to read all at once. Joe, I met ya and I loved it, one of my favorite memories of this years Classic is my time spent talking with you. I hope you stay around here. You'll be strongly missed if not.

John, well, you know what I think of you.  ::) We're part of the same tribe. THE ROCK PAINTERS!:::. Glad you're back Brother. I still use copper cuz I'm still tryin to learn to do it that way. Maybe more ABO some day.

Wow...this post has kinda strssed me out.  If it wern't so early I'd have to grab a PBR right now.

Hope to see more posts and replys from both of you in the future. Love ya guys, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)