Author Topic: The Showdown  (Read 112239 times)

blackhawk

Re: The Showdown
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2014, 12:02:01 pm »
Can you feel the love....  :-*

I just reread this whole thread and the one it originated from...what a mess...lol  :laugh:

No where did anyone mention this challenge bow to be a certain width,and no claims were made that it had to be a specified no wider than 1 1/2" wide....Adam at this point your faultering, swayying, and making things up,and changing it as you go imo...and when someone does that it shows me whos right and whos wrong in a debate...

Offline PatM

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2014, 12:05:05 pm »
Did I say anything about 1.5" ? I don't believe I ever said anything about that.  Someone else may have as the original discussion diverged but I don't think you should be scrabbling for that.
 I really don't want your recurve, I just wanted to see if you were confident enough to put it on the line.
 I'd rather see you donate 100 bucks to Sick Kids or something along those lines.  O:)

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2014, 12:05:38 pm »
As an objective onlooker, I have to say adb, it seems like you keep adding extra limits as this goes on. I didn't read the other thread, but I don't think there was mention of 1.5" wide at the fades until the fifth page of this thread. And your pyramid design seemed to come from thin air as well.

I love your work man, but I think you might be putting your foot in your mouth sooner rather than later on this one.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2014, 12:06:00 pm »
Still pathetic. 

You should have stayed quiet on this one and played the part that Chris offered you

I should have stayed quiet? Now that's funny coming out of your mouth!  ::)

???

What I meant is that your starting to make yourself look foolish.  I wasn't sure there for awhile if you were actually serious or just trying to generate some excitement on the board.  Generating some excitement would be commendable, the other not so much
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline adb

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2014, 12:17:45 pm »
I'm standing by what I said. I'm not wavering. Did Marc not say you don't need to go wider than 1.5"? Someone pointed this out to me in a PM. We were talking backed ipe, yes. There was no mention of width, other than that comment. If I'm wrong, that's fine, but I'm not making this easy... it's supposed to be a challenge.

I don't think I look foolish. I'm making a challenge, and putting up an expensive bow for the first person who can pull it off! I think that's fair. Very fair.

Offline adb

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2014, 12:21:13 pm »
Oh, yah... the clock starts now. It's 9:20 am my time. Tick tock.

Offline Badger

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2014, 12:25:19 pm »
   If I were building it from backed ipe I would go about 2 1/4" wide. I think 1 3/4 could work.

Offline PatM

« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2014, 12:28:27 pm »
 You might want to re-read that post. It says nothing about 1.5 width apart from defining a flatbow as a bow with flat limbs., even if it happens to be narrow.  Like  saying an ALB is actually a flatbow.
 60 inch bow pulling 26" and 100 pounds. That is all.  Doesn't matter if it's one inch wide or five inches.
  I see you've added no reflex now too?  ::)

blackhawk

« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2014, 12:28:57 pm »
If I'm keeping in context to what Marc is saying I see no mention that a 60" bow drawing 100#@26" or whatever inches has to be no wider than 1 1/2" wide....I do believe you are taking him out of context there by a bit..and everyone else can see it but you..why?

Here was the only other mention from Marc that I copied n pasted from the other thread...

Personally I've never found the need to make an Ipe bow any more than 1 1/4" wide even for bows more than 60#.  Bows approaching 100# on the other hand would need 1 3/8" to 1 1/2" in width.
"..end quote

Thus is just plain silliness and misunderstanding going on here...

blackhawk

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2014, 12:30:56 pm »
No ones gonna wanna do this now after you've changed your mind so much BTW...I certainly don't want to now....thought about it,but I'll pass thanks....good luck to anyone who does tho  ;)

Offline PatM

« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2014, 12:35:41 pm »
I only took Marc's statement about a 60 inch bow being capable of pulling 100 pounds as long as the draw matched the bow length as the defining criteria. I chose 26" inches a  good sensible draw length. Most people with experience would  likely choose that draw give or take an inch.
 That seems totally reasonable to me.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2014, 12:53:51 pm »
One thing you can say about this thread.  It certainly is a hot topic  ;D
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2014, 01:03:45 pm »
Now if we could just figure out how to use all this traffic to generate PA memberships!! ::)
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2014, 01:07:14 pm »
Looks like I won't miss much action while at the Classic but I will have lots more pages to read when I get home.  ::)
Marc, you will have your hands full while we are gone.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PatM

« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2014, 01:15:40 pm »
 Adam, could you please stop running off with the goal posts?
 60 inch flatbow. Stiff handle, pulling 100 pounds at 26".
 Quite simple.