Author Topic: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information  (Read 693900 times)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Re: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information
« Reply #3090 on: June 26, 2016, 03:43:56 pm »
Well said Pat. There are great bows being made on all 3 trades. I think the "elitist" talk all started on the original thread with a comment about people joining the trade should already be capable of making great and amazing bows. I'm confused how someone could think that's not an elitist mindset, but what ever. There are a few people who feel that way, and that's fine, kind off the opposite of what the trade is supposed to be, but your all welcome to feel that way. There are also a lot of people who feel the same way I do about it,  and those are valid feelings!! Everyone is welcome to their opinion. Now stop acting like my kids, and let's move on!

Like many have said, there are lot's of great bows being made on all 3 trades, let's enjoy it.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline PatM

« Reply #3091 on: June 26, 2016, 04:17:55 pm »
 As a kid most people learn about the pain of being cut from the rep team or not even getting invited.
 Typically you would either try to raise your game or just cry and whine that everyone belongs out there.

Next year perhaps a vote should be done with a selected number of people on the final list.

It would be interesting to see how many of those objecting about elitism would turn down an invite.  ;)

Offline ajooter

« Reply #3092 on: June 26, 2016, 04:45:19 pm »
ahahaha...you da man Gut!  as they say with the ny lottery..." hey ya never know!"

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #3093 on: June 26, 2016, 04:45:19 pm »
I don't know of anyone whining about not being invited. Simply put, there was a better way of going about introducing the invitational trade. And to be frank we're not trying out for the varsity team here! We're just making and trading some bows, and up until this year there was only one"team" or trade I guess. Anyway...

Rockford, MI

Offline half eye

« Reply #3094 on: June 26, 2016, 04:48:35 pm »
High-jack alert....high-jack alert.....high-jack alert  !!!!!!

Danger, Danger Will Robinson
Refer to page 204, half eye post....last sentence....start another thread.

rich

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3095 on: June 26, 2016, 04:57:17 pm »
Stir, stir,,,,
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #3096 on: June 26, 2016, 05:08:20 pm »
I started a thread on the campfire section please take your comments about who ever or what ever over there and let us talk about the bows in the trade over here. Thanks Paul

Offline Drewster

« Reply #3097 on: June 26, 2016, 07:38:51 pm »
Thank you Pat B!
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline Loope

« Reply #3098 on: June 26, 2016, 09:55:33 pm »
Nice Ajooter!  Its new owner will be thrilled.

I am in that slow, waiting for finish to cure stage... I put the second coat of tru-oil on today.  A few more coats over this next week, and then ready for the grip and lettering!

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #3099 on: June 26, 2016, 10:31:29 pm »
Nice looking bow ajooter!!
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline ajooter

« Reply #3100 on: June 26, 2016, 10:33:06 pm »
Ill do a formal posting of the bow when its all done...ty guys!

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #3101 on: June 26, 2016, 10:44:34 pm »
Ajooter, that bow is still looking real good. 

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3102 on: June 27, 2016, 08:33:35 am »
Nice Ajooter!  Its new owner will be thrilled.

I am in that slow, waiting for finish to cure stage... I put the second coat of tru-oil on today.  A few more coats over this next week, and then ready for the grip and lettering!

Im not sure where you live. But, if you can get it in the direct sun/breeze it will cure very quickly. Providing the humidity isn't through the roof.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Loope

« Reply #3103 on: June 27, 2016, 08:44:10 am »
Thanks PD, I am in East TN, so the humidity can sometimes get a little high.  I have been doing the tru-oil inside, which bows sounds like it would cure more slowly due to the air conditioning. I will give your suggestion a try. Thanks for the tip!

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #3104 on: June 27, 2016, 12:29:23 pm »
Ok I'm at work and my daughter Lauren calls me hyperventilating I finally get her calmed down enough to talk normal and she told me my trade bow arrived And she wanted to open it. So she faced timed me and opened it. Wow was that bow ever wrapped up good. I couldn't have had as much fun opening it myself as I did watching Lauren open it. Anyways I would like to thank Mitch for building this awesome looking bow even though I haven't seen it in person yet. I will make another post later after I get to shoot it and get some more pics of it.