Author Topic: Elm Hall MI.  (Read 46995 times)

Offline nakedfeet

• AJD Archery & Outdoors
Re: Elm Hall MI.
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2017, 01:21:02 pm »
As I mentioned to many of you guys back at Marshall, I was trying to figure some things out to do a cross-country road trip. Well, things came together, I got myself a new (to me) vehicle, and I type this in Gillette, WY right now. Yellowstone in the next day or two, then Glacier National Park, then Canada for a second time (drove through Ontario around the north side of Lake Superior on my way out of Michigan -- beautiful drive that I would recommend to everyone), then down the west coast and then who knows what.

So I'll be missing Elm Hall for the first time since I discovered it. I will miss it, but there is so much else going on, I think it will make up for it.

I hope you guys all have an awesome time, get some nice bows made, shoot straight, and so on. I know you will. Hope the raffle goes even better than last year's. Hopefully you all can get some pics of what you end up with on the table. I'll definitely be looking for lots of pictures!

I know linking is kind of not allowed here most of the time, but I'm not trying to sell anything. I'm keeping a blog updated on my trip. Lots of pictures, some occasional thoughts. Feel free to follow! http://imgoingonatripbeforeim30.blogspot.com

Have fun!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2017, 06:51:25 am »
Sounds like the road trip of a lifetime nakedfeet. Stay safe and happy wondering.

I managed to sneak away from the fair and farm for a bit. I got to Elm Hall Wednesday afternoon and left Thursday morning. Spent about 20 hours all total but it sure was a enjoyable 20 hours.

Meet and visited with Pappy and friends when I first arrived. Wasn't disappointed, a very nice group that I very quickly felt right at home with. Rocky invited me to his place for steak, but I had to turn him down. I had plans to meet up with Pearl a little later. Pappy also told me I could crash out in the bus instead of pitching a tent. Thanks for the offer Pappy sorry I didn't get to say goodbye before I left, I guess I'll just say see you all again.
Pearl arrived soon after and we scouted out a new camping site. We found a nice one with just the right amount of room for everyone that would fit the cool gangs standards. We just got our camp set up and a fire started when Paulsemp arrived. We pitched his tent and visited around the fire for a bit and Badly Bent and crew arrived. We visited till 1:36am then turned in for the night. It was great sleeping weather and I'm a early riser so I snapped a few pictures of the sleepy campsite before everyone got up. We had some breakfast and coffee, shot a bunch of bows and visited. Before I wanted it to be it was time for me to leave. I was looking for Knoll on the way out but I didn't see him until I meet him on the road a ways from the campground. I didn't realize it was him till we past each other and I don't think he knew it was me. Sorry knoll see you again.
Wish I could have stayed longer but it was great to spend the time I had.
Hope you all have a great time and safe travels.
Bjrogg
A few pictures first Pappy and friends
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2017, 06:55:48 am »
More Pappy and friends

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2017, 06:57:56 am »
The cool gangs sleepy campsite

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2017, 08:26:48 am »
Thanks for the pictures BJ.  Looks like fun even if everyone is sleeping! Thanks for sharing the pics,  wish you didn't have to leave.  I always enjoy reading your play by play.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2017, 08:42:00 am »
Thanks Patrick, sometimes I feel like I rambling on to much. Glad you enjoy my babbling. Of course it wasn't all sleepy at the cool guys camp. Their pretty early risers to, that's just when I remember to take pictures. Usually forget when the really fun stuff is going on.
Bjrogg

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2017, 10:44:11 am »
More pic, please.   Thanks for posting pic, BJ.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2017, 11:22:43 am »
It's nice to see Pappy relaxing.  He sure doesn't look like that at the Classic.   Thanks for the pictures BJ.  I've been having the feeling that I'm missing out on a really good time this weekend.  Pearly has been sending me pictures.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2017, 02:23:00 pm »
<SIGH>  Wish I could be there.  ...but w o r k ....... They have this crazy idea that as long as they keep putting dollars into my checking account each month that I should feel obliged to keep showing up each day, ...even when there is perfect weather outside and great events to be attended.  I need to figure out how to be independently wealthy so I can play more.  :OK :OK :OK

OneBow

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2017, 08:56:06 pm »
Thanks for the pics BJ
hope there will be more from the rest of ya
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2017, 04:20:31 pm »
Kim and I just got back a few hours ago and had a great time.  One of the best times we've had together outside of Kentucky in along time, even with it being our wedding anniversary ... :) ;)
Met some great people we've been wanting to meet for a long time and just had a fun time all around.  Sorry didn't take any pictures.
There were some great bows on the bow raffle table, paulsemp even had two bows on the table to be raffled off. 
Can't wait until next year, last year my wife said, " let's stay another day".  This year I think she just might want to head out on Wednesday and get another day at Elm Hall next year. 
Thanks from both my wife and I to the Pine River Guys, for a "great" shoot!
DBar
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:59:45 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline RyanR

« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2017, 08:11:18 pm »
Thanks to the folks at Pine River for putting on another great event. The grounds were very nice and the 3D courses were very fun as always. I shot more Saturday than I have in quite a long time. Thanks to PNewton for shooting with me and helping keep my daughter entertained. I was fortunate enough to have the winning ticket for a Paul Semp bow. I spent some time shooting it today and was impressed. It was good visiting with everyone and look forward to next year.

Offline Rocky

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2017, 07:01:53 am »
A BIG thanks to everyone that came to Elm Hall this weekend. We enjoyed your company!

Rocky

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2017, 08:25:22 am »
Had an absolute great time and non-stop laughs, imagine that? I have some very incriminating pics to post, but that will have to wait until tonite when I get back home.

Thanks to all the folks at PRRC. You guys busted tail around there all weekend and it was obvious. Hopefully next year Ill be back on track with life and can pitch in much more than I did this year.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2017, 08:47:56 am »
Thanks Rocky/Kevin/Steve and all the rest that make this happen, look forward to it every year, it is on my can't miss list for sure. I will post some pictures on the Life is good thread as soon as I get a few minutes, we had lots of fun and laughs, Ate like pigs and shot until we were worn out. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good