Author Topic: a' no wa ra  (Read 12521 times)

Offline burchett.donald

Re: a' no wa ra
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2018, 03:52:26 am »
   Done some research and came up with the bow name "a' no wa ra"   It is the Mohawk word for turtle...Here's a link for those of you that are interested  http://www.firstvoices.com/en/Kanienkeha-Mohawk-EN/word/98dc1f36f6c8b2df/turtle 
                                                                                                                                                                     Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Stoner

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2018, 04:26:23 am »
Great ingenuity right there, Great job. John

Offline half eye

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2018, 05:55:44 am »
Mr. Burchett, you have really out done your bad self . To my mind that is an absolute perfect example of a Eastern Woodland type bow. When I got to see the "shootin movie" that arrow came out sweet, hard, and damned quick too.  Got to believe that will shoot pass-through arrows slam through a whitetail.
    Dont say too much is "perfect" but damned if that is not. Ought to be in a museum after ya kill a few deer mind ;) Absolutely top notch all around my friend.
rich

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 06:05:17 am »
I love it.  I really like the paint job and the turtle claw.  I have never seen a bow with a claw like that.  I love to see bows of all natural materials.  Looks like a fun shooter too.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 06:08:53 am »
Nice work, Don. I bet that sucker has some mass to it. The wood  itself is so dense. It surprised me.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline leonwood

• Leonwood Bows
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 06:10:52 am »
That's a piece of art, beautiful!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 06:47:59 am »
Wow  :o mighty fine looking bow.  Did you see any change in poundage over the two years?.
Again just beautiful
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline stickbowbeard

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2018, 06:49:01 am »
That's a real work of art.  Absolutely beautiful!

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2018, 07:41:11 am »
  Wow guy's! Thanks for all the kind words...!!!!!

Stoner, thanks for the compliment man...

half eye, Rich I couldn't have done it without you man...After all the handle was your idea, thanks buddy...Top notch rawhide strings you sent also...

Swampman, I'm glad you like it...I thought the claw handle made for an interesting project...

Chris, Thanks and yes OS is dense and doesn't take much to make a heavy hitter...

Leonwood, thank you for the very fine compliment...

DBar, thanks, it was sinewed after floor tiller / long string and never weighed it until I started recent tillering...

stickbowbeard, thank you for the kind words!
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline DuBois

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2018, 07:50:31 am »
That's a fine piece of work there! You should be very proud and don't worry...you will eventually learn how to be patient.

Offline S.C. hunter

• does a possum have enough brains to tan his hide ?
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2018, 07:55:51 am »
Don,
  I think everyone likes it as much as I do.  That's top notch work, I just don't see how it could be any better! A lot of time, thought, and effort went into that bow. It has paid off with a bow that is unique.   I think its BOM  material. what do you guys think?    You have outdone yourself Don.
   Steve

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2018, 08:03:00 am »
That is awesome! Very creative idea with the turtle.
Eric

Offline RatherBinTheWoods

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2018, 08:33:28 am »
Stunning work and with that quiver it's probably the most awesome set I have ever clapped eyes on. Inspirational.

Offline Taxus brevifolia

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2018, 09:28:56 am »
Thanks for sharing, it's a beauty and btw I'm extremely interested to learn all I can find about ocean spray. It's become nearly an obsession. I keep finding more and more, now, good quality stuff. Can't hardly wait until winter time again so I can cut the latest finds.

I love that OS works so well for this, and no one gets angry if you cut some.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2018, 10:33:04 am »
   DuBois, thank you and you are right...This obsession of making bows will teach patience...I have learned to slow down a little...

S.C.hunter, Steve thanks for such I fine compliment buddy, hope to see you soon and brake some rock...We gotta do this man

High Desert, thank's man...Rich done a great job casing it out, nothing left but hide and claws, I will post some pics of the raw materials here...

RatherBinTheWoods, Wow! thank you, I have been inspired by many others here also...

I am blown away by everyone's interest and comments, means a lot coming from you...
                                                                                                                                                           Don

Here's a few pics of the rawhide claw...