Author Topic: a' no wa ra  (Read 12522 times)

Offline paulsemp

Re: a' no wa ra
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2018, 08:38:00 pm »
Very cool! Like the string a lot

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2018, 06:08:45 am »
   ohma2, I agree, "half eye" has been an inspiration to me and many others...

Kevin, thanks man!

Paul, thank you...I really liked the sinew string you posted the link to yesterday, that takes patience...

Thanks again everyone....Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2018, 06:48:53 am »
Late to the game on this one, beautiful, love the grip and all the rest of it. Great job. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2018, 10:04:38 am »
I keep coming back and looking at this bow. You really out did yourself on this one. The turtle claw really sets it apart from the rest. This should really be a great candidate for bow of the month. A winner for sure.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2018, 10:12:54 am »
  Bob, thank you for the kind words man, I am very humbled from all the responses...So glad you like it buddy...
                                                                                                                                                                       Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline RatherBinTheWoods

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2018, 02:33:02 pm »
Love all the details on this.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2018, 07:01:16 pm »
 Thank you Sir, I also enjoyed the beautiful paddle bow you posted...Loved the backing pattern and the bend...
                                                                                                                                                                   Don

Offline Peacebow_Coos

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2018, 10:15:12 pm »
Beautiful work Don does that OS like sinew? 

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2018, 06:44:57 am »
Peacebow_Coos,
                           Yes, I think on a short OS bow sinew increases the performance...The SG of OS is very high...It will sink in water...After applying the sinew I had to reduce the bow belly quite significantly compared to the last 4 unbacked OS I built...This one is the fastest OS I built...I only made 5 OS bows so my experience is limited...There has been some OS bows posted in the past that have been sinewed...This bow was able to handle the compression very well...After shooting, the slight reflex returns...

Thanks, Don
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 06:49:53 am by burchett.donald »

Offline Peacebow_Coos

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2018, 12:26:51 am »
Nice, I saw one that DC built a while ago, but I've been offline for awhile so I may have missed the rest, have to do some catching up!  Good to have your opinion on it, you make sweet bows, thanks