Author Topic: Life on the Farm  (Read 122656 times)

Offline GlisGlis

Re: Life on the Farm
« Reply #840 on: August 02, 2023, 04:34:37 am »
"JUST MARRIED"  (lol) :OK :OK :OK

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #841 on: August 02, 2023, 06:07:15 am »
"JUST MARRIED"  (lol) :OK :OK :OK

I was wondering if anyone would notice that. When my son got married I pulled this wagon behind my tractor from the church to the hall. The entire wedding party along with extra friends loaded up and we stopped by our pond to take pictures. In my opinion it was much cooler than a limo.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #842 on: August 02, 2023, 06:14:32 am »
We had old barn boots dragging behind it. It was really fun for the whole wedding party. We didn’t stop at any bars but we did bring some refreshments along.

Bjrogg

In case someone didn’t see it here’s another pic of the “Just Married “ wagon

Offline M2A

« Reply #843 on: August 02, 2023, 07:41:11 am »
Sure pray everything goes well for your sister-in-law BJ.

Have not made a squares in several years, heck don't make enough rounds to keep the bailer these days  but still take it out for one cut of hay. Always enjoyed the work for some reason. Maybe it sounds better as a memory :) Didn't have a kicker either. 2 guys on the wagon, a hook man and the stacker. I was almost always one of those 2. I'd like to think i can still do that and keep up with anyone. I'll keep telling myself that 8)

Congrats to the grand kids on their show. Thats a big deal for them youngsters
Mike         

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #844 on: August 03, 2023, 04:04:02 am »

[/quote]
When my son got married I pulled this wagon behind my tractor from the church to the hall. The entire wedding party along with extra friends loaded up and we stopped by our pond to take pictures. In my opinion it was much cooler than a limo.
[/quote]

Better than a limo for sure. Awesome!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #845 on: August 04, 2023, 07:20:24 am »
Thanks Glis. I know it made a lot of great memories and we still enjoy seeing the just married on the back of the wagon. Honestly I’m surprised it hasn’t caught on and more couples in this area haven’t done it. I told my son that’s how I want to go from the church to the cemetery when when my time is up. Only I want a different wagon. Don’t want to scar those memories from the wedding. I want a flat rack wagon. Be easier to load me on.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #846 on: August 04, 2023, 07:37:11 am »
Thank You Mike especially for the prayers for my sister in law.

It’s been 5 and a half weeks since her first surgery. Almost a week since her last. She has been getting dialysis for the past three days and is starting to show some improvement. She sat up in her chair and has even tried walking with her walker. She is having a hard with it , but it’s still a huge improvement and hopefully the trend continues. We are hoping that the dialysis helps to clean the pain and anesthesia medication from her system as well. They have a very bad side effects for her and with her kidneys shut down she can’t filter them out of her system. I have been texting my brother pictures of our crops trying to give him a distraction. I think it has helped him somewhat but he still wasn’t really chatty. I noticed yesterday that he was much quicker to reply and much more chatty. I can tell he is finding a little hope in all this hopelessness.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Yes thinking back about putting up small squares is probably more glamorous than actually doing it again.lol.  The reality kicks in about halfway through unloading the first wagon for me. It does bring back lots of memories from my younger days though.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #847 on: August 04, 2023, 07:50:28 am »
The feeder calf show was day before yesterday. It was a long day at the fair .

My youngest grandson named his steer after very good friend Cass. Cass passed away a year and a half ago. He was an old timer and a bachelor and he had many friends. My grandkids always wanted him to come to the fair, but Cass didn’t like the fair and he wasn’t going. My grandson said he was going this year.lol

I don’t think Cass liked the fair all that much either. He was a little ornery and didn’t want to stand still. I was pretty proud of my grandson for hanging in there and not giving up. He did a great job considering how ornery Cass was, but he certainly didn’t win anything in showmanship. The judge did think he was a “Power house” of a steer.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #848 on: August 04, 2023, 07:55:34 am »
My oldest grandson had a holstein steer that was smaller and more cooperative. Wasn’t named Cass either.

He’s really starting to be a good show person. He got first place in his class for showmanship. That’s pretty impressive. He also got first place in his class for goats and rabbits. They all worked very hard on their animals.

Bjrogg
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 08:56:00 am by bjrogg »

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #849 on: August 04, 2023, 07:57:14 am »
Here’s a picture of my dad’s apple tree. It seems my pruning job has been pretty successful.

Bjrogg

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #850 on: August 04, 2023, 04:25:39 pm »
BJ, you have a lot to be proud of with the Grand Kids. That's what we miss the most after moving to South Carolina, not seeing hours like we used to.
And I'm sorry to hear about your Sister in-law, saying a prayer for her and your brother.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #851 on: August 05, 2023, 02:47:27 am »
Enjoyed the Show Pics - Great thing for the Kids. Glad to hear the Sister- inlaw is improving. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #852 on: August 05, 2023, 06:48:05 am »
Thanks Eddie. We are very blessed to have them in our lives as much as we do. It would be very difficult to move away from them for sure. They grow so fast that even as much as we see them we still miss out on stuff.

Bob glad you liked the pictures. Did you go to Elm Hall? I was hoping to sneak a day in there but it isn’t going to happen.

Between fair, work and my wife’s birthday I’m just not going to get a chance.

Yesterday was sale day for large animals and I think that ended my fair attendance for the year.

Tonight we are having a birthday party for my wife at our beach. Bring your own chairs and drinks. Maybe a snack to pass if you like. It should be a good party. Weather sounds perfect.

I’m probably not supposed to say my wife’s age, but it ends with a zero so those are always big ones. It starts with a six. Boy how time flies.

Bjrogg

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #853 on: August 05, 2023, 07:36:17 pm »
My wife would be happy to be 30.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #854 on: August 06, 2023, 03:02:16 am »
Bruce and I went up to Elm Hall on Tuesday Morning. Sat around the Campfire at the Bus with Pappy and the Gang for 3-4 hours. Noon time, The Group went and had Lunch. Headed Home soon after that. Always good to see Old Friends and meet a few New ones. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.