Author Topic: Life on the Farm  (Read 122688 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Life on the Farm
« Reply #855 on: August 06, 2023, 08:53:36 am »
My wife would be happy to be 30.

So would my wife Eddie.lol.

She has to add x2 to that one though. It’s all good though. I’d probably have a hard time keeping up with a 30 year old wife. I’m pretty happy with the lady I have.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #856 on: August 06, 2023, 08:55:45 am »
Bruce and I went up to Elm Hall on Tuesday Morning. Sat around the Campfire at the Bus with Pappy and the Gang for 3-4 hours. Noon time, The Group went and had Lunch. Headed Home soon after that. Always good to see Old Friends and meet a few New ones. Bob

Really missing all of you. Tell Bruce and Cindy hello for Susie and I.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #857 on: August 06, 2023, 09:08:06 am »
I’m sorry I don’t have any pictures, but we had a really nice birthday party for my Wife. It was pretty unorganized and spur of the moment. Seems like those are often the best ones.

I think my wife really needed it. She did a lot of laughing and her laugh is very contagious. The weather was awesome. Nice cool breeze off the lake. Even my wife put a jacket on. The freighters were out in force. I’m sure we saw at least 19 freighters. The crowd was a good mix of our friends young and old.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #858 on: August 09, 2023, 10:01:03 pm »
We had a good rain Sunday thru Monday. A good 1 1/2” before it was done.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #859 on: August 09, 2023, 10:08:28 pm »
Two things I can be sure of with our pinto beans. They are going to have white mold . And we aren’t going to get every bean. They are laying on the ground. The parts of the plant touching the ground are developing white mold. I have done everything I can to prevent it but the conditions are very good for the mold. Once it develops I can’t kill it. Hopefully I can still control it somewhat and not have a total loss. Time will tell. The beans could use a dry spell.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 10:17:18 pm by bjrogg »

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #860 on: August 09, 2023, 10:12:33 pm »
The sugar beets are really liking it though. I’m sure hoping we get a good fall for putting sugar on. I’m sure we personally are going to have huge tons. I sure hope we can get some money out of them. Don’t want another year like two years ago.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #861 on: August 09, 2023, 10:14:25 pm »
Had my first cob of corn from the garden tonight. Umm.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #862 on: August 09, 2023, 10:15:43 pm »
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #863 on: August 11, 2023, 01:18:26 pm »
Last night when I picked a few cobs I harvested some greens too. Added them to my roast beef. It was pretty good. Lots of it to pick. Grows like a weed

Bjrogg
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 01:36:48 pm by bjrogg »

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #864 on: August 11, 2023, 01:21:50 pm »
This morning I decided I’d put in enough hours lately that I was going to spend a couple trimming up around my tree stands. Got a couple done.

Was sitting in the one to see what kind of view I had and watched a doe and fawn come from the west

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #865 on: August 11, 2023, 01:26:48 pm »
My food plots look good so far. Last year they devoured them before season started and weren’t very attractive during season. This year my food plot is part of the field so they aren’t devouring it. After I harvest the rest of the field I will leave my plot. Hopefully that gets them closer.

Another stand trimmed

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #866 on: August 11, 2023, 07:52:27 pm »
Tonight I trimmed the tree I grafted in honor of Jawge.

It’s looking good to me.

I’m not sure if I should have but I cut a bunch of the thorn apple branches off. Maybe should have left them on? I hope the deer don’t bother it now.

I don’t know if I should take the tile tape off yet either. It’s stretchy so there should be room to grow.

Bjrogg
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 08:07:17 pm by bjrogg »

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #867 on: August 11, 2023, 07:55:40 pm »
I got rained out, but it brought a rainbow

Bjrogg

Offline chamookman

« Reply #868 on: August 12, 2023, 05:56:15 am »
Those are some good lookin' Stand sites ! Did You get any of the Storms last evening? Was at the Wirwicki Homestead for Dinner, and had a batch of Storms boil thru. Saw the biggest Hail I've ever seen - Golf Ball size! Sounded like Baseballs hitting the House! Did crack a couple of Windows on the House. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #869 on: August 12, 2023, 07:07:43 am »
Those are some good lookin' Stand sites ! Did You get any of the Storms last evening? Was at the Wirwicki Homestead for Dinner, and had a batch of Storms boil thru. Saw the biggest Hail I've ever seen - Golf Ball size! Sounded like Baseballs hitting the House! Did crack a couple of Windows on the House. Bob

Hoping the hunting spots work out.

We got lucky with the storms. We got rain but we didn’t get the hail or tornados.

Bjrogg