Author Topic: Explain your screen name?  (Read 28358 times)

Offline red pony

Re: Explain your screen name?
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2011, 05:27:38 pm »
At one time in my life I had long red hair in a pony tail when I got out of the navy.  Didn't get a hair cut or really shave my beard.  I think it was 2 years before I went to the barber.   Gave my long red pony tail to  some one who was recovering from cancer.  She sent me a note of thanks and said I was her hero red pony.   That's my story and I wish I had my pony tail now, if you know what I mean!!!!!!

Offline nativenoobowyer86

« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2011, 05:46:53 pm »
aww dang, sux followin a good lil story like that Red Pony :)  My screen name is a little more self explanitory :D
"If it feels like ur life is about to fall apart, back it with some rawhide an hope it holds together"

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2011, 06:27:35 pm »
I'm in the Witless Protection Program so I can't discuss my screen name.

-John
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2011, 09:11:24 pm »
I've been in construction for 20 years-Hammertime

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2011, 04:27:49 pm »

I still picture you in the "eraser-head" hairstyle and parachute pants scraping on bows....every once in a while you string the bow, try pulling it and then sing, "Can't pull this!"
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2011, 05:18:18 pm »
Guess I never thought of that Hammertime-Good thing ;D just pounded in a lot of nails in the day-Hammertime

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2011, 02:02:17 am »

I still picture you in the "eraser-head" hairstyle and parachute pants scraping on bows....every once in a while you string the bow, try pulling it and then sing, "Can't pull this!"

Funny, I pictured the same thing.  I think you and I were maybe separated at birth or something JW.

Offline Autumnbear

• My drum site
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2011, 02:33:00 am »
When I was doing my learning to make drums I spent the weekend on my teachers property out on Bear Creek in Washington. He has a really cool lay out with a wood shop were he makes drum hoops and flutes, a sweat-lodge and teepees. I spent my nights in one of the teepees next to a creek. On my last night there I had a dream about a bear and a bears life through out a year. In the winter he is sleeping, in the spring he is waking up, in the summer he is feasting on salmon and berries and in the autumn he gets a chance to relax and to enjoy himself. Just stay fat and content, kind of like me ;D--Josh
"WHY DON'T WE LIBERATE, THESE UNITED STATES WE'RE THE ONES WHO NEED IT THE WORST
LET THE REST OF THE WORLD HELP US FOR A CHANGE AND REBUILD AMERICA FIRST"--MERLE HAGGARD

CLEAN AND SOBER AND PROUD OF IT HOSS!!!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2011, 08:00:49 pm »
Mine is not original AT all. C- is for Cipriano. rivera is my last name and I live in the "ville" Stephenville... Ugggg--- so original I know... Maybe I should change it to Kindergarten Cop 8)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Lobo69ss

• Born 200 years too late
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2011, 12:07:12 am »
"Lobo" for a wolf/malmute mixed breed who was my running partner for about 12 years... 69ss for my first car, a Chevelle SS ragtop that would pull the front tires off the pavement & got lots of attention on cruise nites, some from the friendly Ladies, but also a little from those guys who toted bagdes. I met my 1st wife after doing wheel stands on Main Street, not long after I met 1 of those guys who invite you over to the curb for a chat about responsible driving habits... he also gave me my 1st ticket for unnessasary display of horsepower, still got that thing framed to remind me not to do that anymore, it`s an expensive lesson to learn.
The man who sees the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Offline Jesse

« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2011, 01:13:13 am »
My, my, my, my
You cant touch this
Break it down
STOP " Hammer time" :D
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline david w.

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2011, 02:02:17 am »
David Wilton=david w.

but i might change it to something a bit more original
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline SA

« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2011, 12:15:48 am »
Mine is pretty straight forward. Not only am I covered in tattoos, but I am also a tattoo artist. If I'm not flinging sticks, I'm flinging ink around. ;D

Tattoo Dave

i do tats also , you should start a thread posting some of your work would be cool to see.

its a knickname  sa .. shawn acker, i  had some hispanic friends that would call me that way back , just kinda stuck
Shawn Acker

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2011, 02:56:52 am »
I spent 22 years as a soldier and thought about using the name "Top" but went with _Jon_ because as most folks know a Paratrooper can't spell real well.  It's neat to see so many Infantrymen talking about way back in the day.  I have to admit I enjoyed my years as a Pathfinder and all 16 harsh tough years in an Infantry line Company.  My first name is John, I just couldn't spell it right when I registered.   ;)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2011, 12:32:57 pm »
Out where I live there is a long ridge (about ten miles) that runs East and West.  It parralles the Tennessee River, and forms the break point between the rolling hills to the south and the river valley to the north. It forms the highest points in the area untill you get to Bankhead Forrest some 15 or so miles south.  This ridge is broken up with many hollowes, valleys, creeks and swamps.  There are still thousands of acres of undeveloped land on the ridge.  I can walk a straight mile north out my back door before I come to a road that runs the crest of the ridge.

Years ago people who hunted and trapped along this ridge were called RidgeRunners.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama