Author Topic: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3  (Read 57139 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2014, 10:11:27 am »
I think your paycheck may have some influence pappy!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

owlbait

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 07:44:25 pm »
Ed. I vote for cold and wet. ;)

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2014, 11:23:51 pm »
Pappy, Pappy, Pappy.  You do a great thing by hosting the TN classic and you've been great with lots of advise and letting me stop by to twin oaks, but I don't think that I could look at myself in the mirror if I made a Miller lite clone.  That would be kind of like me asking someone on this site to make me a bow with wheels on it,,,,,ouch.  ;) 

Now there is nothing wrong with commercial beers, they do a great job of making a very consistent high quality product, but as i'm learning to make and shoot REAL bows by the other good people in this forum, I think it's my duty as a craft brewer to give others the opportunity to try real live beer, just like our ancestors made.  "plus making a  good tasting "lite beer" is tough to do.

I'm on a mission now, maybe I should make a "transition" beer, like an American wheat. 
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2014, 06:54:24 am »
 ;) ;D ;D ;D ,My problem is when I want to drink beer,I want to drink beer and
if you drink your beer like I drink Miller I wouldn't be much good and probably
spend most of my time sleeping. ;) :) :) either way,you do make some tasty beer
I just need to learn the word MODARATION. Really looking forward to this event
I get to see lots of folks at this gathering that I only see once a year plus the food and ranges are as good as it gets. :) MI. is a very special place,you go from woods almost like we have in TN. to cedar swamps to sand duns and small lakes everywhere they dig a hole, and weather that can change in a few minutes, they got it all. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Rocky

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2014, 09:27:34 am »
If you can't Moderate you can BOUNCE Pappy! See you soon.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2014, 09:43:58 am »
Can't wait Rocky. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Forest_Farmer

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2014, 06:33:36 pm »
I'm with ya 100% Pappy! That's why you'll rarely see me with an adult beverage before sun down.  See you soon in MI, and if I get some time, i'd like to stop by Twin Oaks to work on a couple of staves I have.
Ed

Offline Forest_Farmer

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2014, 11:45:14 am »
I have a friend in Delaware who is interested in coming to the Elm hall event but he really wants to see/ learn about making bows, knapping ect,
Does the Elm Hall have a similar set up as the TN classic where
 people are working on and selling primitive archery stuff?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2014, 11:54:05 am »
No Ed. there is no designated build area. But Im sure myself and maybe a few others will have portables set up to work wood on. The big factor is heat. As you know it can get damn hot in early August and drawing a knife can kick your hiney. If Im not building a bow, Id still be more than happy to run my mouth for hours about primitive archery gear. Probably will anyway!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Forest_Farmer

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2014, 10:30:56 am »
Thx Chris, I'll pass this on and see if he's going to make it. I know he really wanted to check out the techniques of building the bows and knapping.

For me this type of event will be good so I can focus on my shooting skills. Plus it will give me a chance to talk to you seasoned bowers about designs, and possibly  shoot some of the sweet bows that others have made.

I really enjoyed shoot with you, greg and blackhawk at marshall (thx). It's pretty cool to hold some of the bows  that are featured in the bow of the month section of PA in person.  Kind of like holding one of Jimmy Hendrix's guitars.  ;D

Can't wait,
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2014, 08:10:50 am »
Not quite like the Classic Ed,more of a meeting/greeting/eating and lots of bull being thrown around,with some bow shooting going on. Really laid back and very relaxing for me. I watch some of the guys work on bow,but like Chris said,usually just to hot for that,so I set in the shade and relax. :) :)  :) Get to shoot a lot of different bow and a ton of bow and hunting talk going on. :) Great week. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Forest_Farmer

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2014, 09:46:09 am »
Sounds like a perfect way to spend some of the dog days of August.  Is it right on the pine river or close by?  I use to canoe it when I was a kid and I could see sitting in a tube and float down the river if it's real hot.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2014, 10:10:45 am »
The Pine is right on the grounds Ed. The course usually goes right by it, or you actually shoot unto a gravel bar and get wet retrieving your arrow, orrrrrr pay the kids sitting along the bank a buck to grab it for you! They swim it all weekend. Its clear and cool.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2014, 10:17:33 am »
Yep,I pay the kids. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2014, 10:28:39 am »
Not quite like the Classic Ed,more of a meeting/greeting/eating and lots of bull being thrown around,with some bow shooting going on. Really laid back and very relaxing for me. I watch some of the guys work on bow,but like Chris said,usually just to hot for that,so I set in the shade and relax. :) :)  :)
 Pappy

Yup...here's pappy doing just what he said last year  ::)  :laugh: ..just look at all those shavings at his feet...yup...looks relaxing to me too ;)