Author Topic: New Rule Plus 1 (please read)  (Read 157975 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
New Rule Plus 1 (please read)
« on: September 22, 2008, 09:16:39 am »
Here is the 2 step process for breaking the message board rules.

1: You will be temporarily banned until such time as you have read and understand all of the rules.

2: If you continue with this behavior you will be permanently banned from this site. 

Things seem to have gotten out of hand here with people cutting in on others threads or starting threads of their own, aggressively attacking members or those in charge.  This is disturbing to many and we have decided that it will stop.  Anyone doing this will be subject to the 2 step process. 

4. It has recently come to our attention that some people seem to think it's just fine to have multiple accounts.  Unfortunately we disagree.  We didn't have any defined rule about this but we do now. 

Multiple accounts are not allowed.  If you have multiple accounts then pick one and delete the rest.  If you don't and are found out then all will be banned permanently.  If you do have another account but don't use/remember it then please just advise a mod or an admin and we will try to sort it out
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:06:52 am by Marc St Louis »
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline markinengland

Re: New Rule
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 02:30:16 pm »
One of the things that I have always liked about the primitive archery forums I frequent is the friendly and supportive atmosphere. If it isn't like that I don't go there!

Even if we don't always agree about everything, here we do this for fun so why not disagree in a friendly way? The vast majority of people who are into primitive archery are decent folk and PA is a good example of that generous and basically respectfull approach. I hope PA stays that way.

Mark in England

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 01:10:32 am »
Here here!!!   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline PepeLep

• Just a common man
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 02:34:31 pm »
One of the things that I have always liked about the primitive archery forums I frequent is the friendly and supportive atmosphere.

Same here. I haven't been around much in a while. It's a shame some people have let go of the great atmosphere this board has always had.

I support this completely, Marc.
Doug from Missouri

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 11:04:46 am »
The rules apply to everyone
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 10:28:01 pm »
bear67, most of us here have already been to those sites, and it got old. If everybody plays by the rules this site will overload with archery knowledge. And all the Mod's are human , too, so, guy's and gal's help us out. Thanks for the kind words, Ahnlaashock.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 02:56:06 am »
Sounds like pretty reasonable rules pretty much
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline bootboy

• vinland longbows
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 09:00:30 pm »
i havent noticed anything like that on this site. Thats one of the reason that I love coming here the most no one seems to attack anyone else. Just possitive feedback and helpfull comments. Lets keep it up, and these rules sound like a great way of keeping it that way. Cheers!

~ bootboy
knapp 'um if you got 'um

Offline DirtyDan

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 08:51:08 am »
Marc,  I totally agree that this is a good rule.  One thing that has always bothered me is that when a person starts a thread on a topic, someone will start talking about something totally off topic, and suddenly everyone is replying to the new topic instead of the original.  If you do not have something relevant to say about the topic, start your own new topic.  Thanks.
Dan

Offline StevenT

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 10:22:11 am »
Like Shooter, I must have missed something. I admit I spend most of my time in the Knapping section, but I do read a lot of the bow threads. I also have received nothing but good advice and have tried to share the same. I have learned a ton on PA and don't want it to change. If something was headed south, I'm glad you are taking the necessary steps to make it right.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 10:43:00 am »
I'm glad to hear so many people say they must have missed something. It means that everyone is being kind and that the occasional issue hasn't turned us into a bunch of arguing, whining old hens. I think it is funny that some people over the years have complained that we are too nice and should be more honest. Honest is their word not mine, I think of it as rude. 
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline akila

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 07:13:45 pm »
HI...im a member af PA. for  aboute 2 years i think....im not verry active on this forum....sometimes i make a bow or to and i post themm here.... i always say about this forum only  good words....they are so many good people on this forum..and i just love this place...it will be ashame,  that  this nice atmosfere of friendship, to change on this forum.....wi also have a forum like this in romania, and things got out of control down there...it seams that this is an universal problem with this boards, forums, etc.....but its realy shame....i always told them...lets just try to have funn, to make bow's and basicaly just enjoy a common passion....but it seams that some people take it to personal, etc...some of themm are to pride, and finaly things get out of control, people start to  say bad things to one another, and  its realy shame....lets just enjoy  our self, making nice bow's, going out in the nature.....sound nice right??? ::)

Offline ryanfromcanada

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 11:52:02 pm »
YA I haven't come across any of that stuff. I visit this site daily and read and read as much as i can and to be honest this fourm is one of the major things that have me interested in bowyery. I'm still looking to make that first bow but i know that i will have all the support and information i need from this forum. Thats just the vibes i get from this forum.

Offline carpenter374

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 02:45:21 pm »
Just got back online after a year or so off. Guess I've missed a thing or two. I myself have been guilty a time or two of posting when the 'experts' have it under control. I'll definately keep a humbler attitude toward it. Btw hey all its good to be back.
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom for safety will find that they will inherit neither." -Ben Franklin     

--Carpenter

Offline luke the drifter

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 05:52:22 pm »
y'all handle this issue a lot better than i would have.  a co-worker says i am not very diplomatic about things, if that tells you anything.  i am shade-tree bow-maker.  let me tell everyone here in this community,  i learn from bit and peices of knowledge found in this community.  i go to it everyday.  i would be none to happy if it closed down because of those that would violate this community's rules of decency and decorum.