Author Topic: Snowing again!  (Read 28269 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Snowing again!
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2010, 10:36:59 am »
Well brace yourself Pat, there is another one comming.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2010, 11:01:55 am »
We got a good 3 inches here yesterday. This is about enough snow for me. I am ready for it to get Springtime.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2010, 11:09:41 am »
Wife and I just got back from a walk. We both love the snow and walk at least 2st a day. This snow is so fluffy it makes for strenuous walking but just the exercise I've been needing.
  It has made for a wonderful 32nd anniversary for Marcia and I. 8)   We moved to the mountains 20 years ago so we could enjoy the wintertime we both missed growing up in Savannah.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2010, 04:47:53 pm »
 The plus side of all that snow you guy's have been getting Pat, is it will probally run all those Floridians back home. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2010, 08:47:50 pm »
We went from 28 for a High...to 62 today...man what some messed up Weather so far this year..... ???
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2010, 03:47:10 am »
Well...here We go again....was 74 yesterday (thursday)...to a high of 34 Today....now at 1am it's down to 24....We have had 4 inches of Snow(can't prove that by looking though)...and 60mph Winds....the House is Whistling right now....the wind is blowing so hard that the Doors are buzzing around the Seals...and the Fireplace Flue is even moaning!!....Should have somne nice pictures tomorrow...if the Wind doesnt blow all of this Snow all the way to Cowby in Dallas/Fort Worth area..... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2010, 07:49:41 am »
Been just beautiful here Mike 50's and 60's, sunshine and no wind ;D Maybe you should move North to escape winter >:D

Ticks are out never saw a tick in March before ???
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2010, 11:10:32 am »
If the Ticks are out in Eastern Upper Michigan...just think what the Tennessee Clasic will hold........ :P

I looked at the Regonal Weather...and it has Marquette at 23 degrees right now....and it's 24 here....so this cold front must have dipped waaay down from Canuckland....... ;D
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2010, 11:29:51 am »
PERMANONE!!! Don't leave home without it!!!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2010, 12:05:43 pm »
Well here is what it looks like at 9am...but We still have the Wrap-Around expected to hit around 4pm today....and I thought it was Springtime......... ;D....all of the Lillies...Gladiolas...and Rose Bushes were all growing great too....Oh Well....ya gotta be Tough to grow here... :o

[attachment deleted by admin]
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Timo

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2010, 03:32:48 pm »
Looks like God is tossing soft baseballs from the sky here in Mo this morn. I left Stillwater Ok last night to beat this crap home and I did,thankfully.. Got 2" right now and they are calling for 7"........Back to the shop. ;D

HatchA

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2010, 03:46:23 pm »

Hmmm...  curse this "global warming" thing...  all this cold and precipitation and stuff...  clearly we've made the planet too hot :(

(isn't sarcasm a wonderful thing? ;))

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2010, 04:29:17 pm »
Hatch.....Now You did It...now They will be Chiming in to Tell You...that You are confusing Weather....with Climatic Change....... :P
2024...We Will Overcome

HatchA

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2010, 06:13:45 pm »
Isn't one a result of the other...? ;)

We've no snow here in Ireland.  Apparently we've had the coldest winter here since '63 or '64...  Panic ensues when a few flakes fall or rain pools as we're not used to extremes of one or the other.  I remember more snow back in '82 but it wasn't as cold then. 

looks like a nice sunny day when you took the pic?  Does it help in defrosting any of the snow?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:41:54 pm by HatchA »

Offline DanaM

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2010, 08:25:55 pm »
Got up to the mid 30's today with clear blue skies and a light wind absolutely beautiful weather ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI