Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4668024 times)

Offline Otis

Re: Life is good
« Reply #3735 on: October 13, 2009, 09:36:27 pm »
Pappy, I plan on coming down Friday the 30th. I'm going to take that day off too, so, I should get down the around 12 or 1 o'clock if that's okay with you. I did get out and hunt tonight. Didn't see any deer til on the way home in the dark. Two does standing in a uncut bean field. Could have got one or both with the Dodge but, they stay in the beans. Did see 14 turkeys. The wouldn't get close enough for Second Chance and the knapped head for a shot. It looked like two hens with their little ones. Saw a hawk try to get a squirrel. It was neat. Maybe next trip. Was great just to get out in the woods.
                                                                                 David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3736 on: October 13, 2009, 10:07:38 pm »
  Pappy, I'm kind of tossing it around to see if I could make it that week.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3737 on: October 14, 2009, 05:10:10 am »
Cool David,ya it is good just to be out there,Eddie just let me know,you know you are welcome.
We will have a good time ,I am sure of that. ;) :) and might even get a deer if I can get you to set still long enough. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #3738 on: October 14, 2009, 08:03:48 pm »
Hey Pappy, went hunting near the house here last week and missed the biggest buck I've ever pulled a string on.   It ain't to often I get a case of the fever but I had to close my eyes and take long deep breaths letting them out slowly.  Deer must have been well over 4 years old.  I was perfectly lined up and when I let it fly I just knew it was a good shot, only to see the arrow miss.

I felt so bad I called VB and cried on his shoulder.   ;D

Stewart County must be making em big this year.   ;)

Oh well, there is always the next time. 

Let everyone know I said hello at Twin Oaks, and I'll be around to see you folks soon. 

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3739 on: October 15, 2009, 07:39:40 am »
Sorry about the miss,but it happens,what was you shooting,your selfbow/glass or wheels. :)
Come see us sometimes.Hunting has been slow around the farm.Haven't seen many deer but lots of Turkey,I just can't seem to hit them,missed another good tom yesterday evening.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #3740 on: October 15, 2009, 12:26:04 pm »
Weather report for next week is looking good, Pappy. With the corn cut, we might see a few more deer moving about... Can't wait! ;)
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3741 on: October 15, 2009, 01:40:27 pm »
With the corn cut, we might see a few more deer moving about... Can't wait!
So the corn is cut...that could make a difference. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3742 on: October 16, 2009, 05:13:43 am »
No it's not cut yet. But it's Friday and I don't care  ;) :) I am headed to the cabin as soon as I can get away.Don't have big plans except for finishing up the memorial bow and hunt, Well I may do a little seating around the fire and have a couple of adult beverages ,other than that just relax. :)
The hunting has been slow ,I saw one doe yesterday and a bunch of Turkeys,I thought the Turkey
was going to get close enough for me to miss another one ;) :) but about 30 yards  he moved on the other way.Chad is coming in Sat. evening and then the folks from Germany are going to be here Sunday evening and staying till late week.I need to do a little scouting to see if I can find something hot for them.I don't want there first taste of hunting to be a bore. :) Hope yall have a good one also .See ya Monday. Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3743 on: October 16, 2009, 06:34:21 am »
Just checked the weather ,looks like 33 Sat. night and 34 for the low Sunday night,Then 60's and 40's and clear till Thursday.Then more rain Thursday and Friday. :( Should be a good week.Hope it is like that the first week of Nov.Thats when I will be off again. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3744 on: October 16, 2009, 07:38:09 am »
I'm planning to take a half day of vacation today...need some help scouting?  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline BearG

« Reply #3745 on: October 16, 2009, 10:46:51 am »
I don't believe a person that has never hunted before, could be disappointed at your farm.  With your attitude about if a deer gives you a shoot take it (unlike trophy hunters) size don't really matter.  And if nothing else they should still have the time of their lives,
just being down where Life is Good.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #3746 on: October 16, 2009, 10:56:05 am »
We will all have fun, deer or no deer-- good weather/bad weather--either way we aren't working! And, we can eat and drink like kings....don't have to be anywhere at any specific time. That is when LIFE IS REALLY GOOD!! ;)
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #3747 on: October 16, 2009, 12:10:51 pm »
Sorry about the miss,but it happens,what was you shooting,your selfbow/glass or wheels. :)
Come see us sometimes.Hunting has been slow around the farm.Haven't seen many deer but lots of Turkey,I just can't seem to hit them,missed another good tom yesterday evening.  :)
   Pappy

I'll visit soon.  Call me your gonna be around and we;ll figure out a time.

I was shooting the Longbow I picked up at the Classic that was refinished.

Take care buddy.

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3748 on: October 19, 2009, 05:33:52 am »
Had a great weekend,still no deer but fun antway.The hunting has been really slow for some reason,the corn still isn't cut and they seem to be staying in it,maybe he will cut it this week now that it has quit raining for a few days.Chad got in Friday evening and GregB came down and hunted with us,Of course we had some good food.I put together a couple of knives and 2 Attila points.
We also Finished Tom's Memorial bow.54@28 he should like it.Greg and I decided to make a bow for a good friend of ours,Art Belkie and older fellow that hangs out at the club a lot,he is our token
Yankee  ;) ;D ;D and we think a lot of him.We got it started and about ready to brace.We plan on skins and tips and really try and fix it up nice,by the way he don't know about it and since he don't get on the web I doubt he finds out.Hope yall had a good one also.
     Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3749 on: October 19, 2009, 05:39:24 am »
The last picture was one of our club kids, he took a nice doe that morning.His name is Payton
and a very good kid that loves to hunt. :) Greg working on the memorial bow grip and us getting Art's bow floor tillered,a picture of art and also Chad arrived,he was thirsty.  :) ;)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good