Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670871 times)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12435 on: June 15, 2015, 06:16:50 am »
Great stuff Pappy... :)
IW tree... what's IW? :-[
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12436 on: June 15, 2015, 06:30:35 am »
Hop Horn beam, we call it Iron wood for short. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #12437 on: June 15, 2015, 06:50:17 am »
Hop Horn beam, we call it Iron wood for short. :)
   Pappy
Cheers :)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #12438 on: June 15, 2015, 07:58:12 am »
Looks like a lot of work getting targets ready. They'll look good out on the course though! I take it you didn't eat all weekend because there is no pics of all the great meals you guys prepare ;D Thanks for keeping the post going! Life is good.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12439 on: June 15, 2015, 09:07:12 am »
Tracy we sent out to the local Barb BQ place a mile up the road. ;) :) No time to cook when stuff out of the ordinary happens like the storm last week or 70 targets show up 2 weeks early while most of our guys were at Cloverdale or on vacation.  ;)We have a meeting and working planned for this Saturday but things just couldn't be put off so ones that were in town showed up to work. Great bunch for sure. :)   We had Will/Tommy/Ronnie/BigA /GregB/Chuck/
Geoffrey/Kevin/Doug and myself showed up to work and a few more that showed up to work a little but mostly play. ;) :) :) That's ok,we had a good core as always and it wasn't a scheduled working anyway,we got most the extra stuff taken care of just the same. We want everyone to have some fun also but some of us just can't play when stuff happens. We Should be back in good shape by the end of next weekend barring no more storms. ??? :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #12440 on: June 15, 2015, 11:08:32 am »
👍👍 ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12441 on: June 17, 2015, 11:30:24 am »
Got mulch to haul today, thought I would wait till it got good and hot. ??? ::) Man it has hit the mid 90's here and humid. :) Looking forward to winter already. ;) I hope to work on my Dog Wood stave today also it is ready to finish the tiller, can't get time when the slave drivers are there on the weekend. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12442 on: June 19, 2015, 05:09:33 am »
Friday, I will be headed out shortly for the cabin, really looking forward to the weekend, we got a meeting and working tomorrow and hope to get a lot of loose ends tied up for the up coming event. They are calling for rain, some heavy on and off so may get a little time in the shop. I went down yesterday to do some odd jobs but the rain set in so I got a chance to work on my Dog Wood, got it out to 37@20 and from my calculation it is about at weight now, so just a little tweaking here and there and easing it on out to close to draw length and hopefully I will be shooting it soon[if all goes well] :-\ looking for 45/50 @ 26. Hope yall have a good one and Happy Fathers day to all the Dad's. Nothing like having kids that is for sure it's the highlight of my life, as much as I love this other stuff it really don't compare. :) Life is Good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12443 on: June 22, 2015, 05:04:27 am »
Great weekend, some rain Saturday morning that slowed the work outside but gave us all a little time in the shop. Few pictures of the weekend. DogWood bow back on the stick and ready to brace again, looking pretty good. Got to 46@24 right now, need a couple more inches. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12444 on: June 22, 2015, 05:07:50 am »
2 of the 3 buttons Wildman was looking for 12th/13th not sure on 15th yet. ;) :D Some bull shooting, got a new digital scale for the shop, and Jon still on his strings.  :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:53:54 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12445 on: June 22, 2015, 05:30:53 am »
Michael Shooting is Walnut bow, still holding up nice and he is shooting it very good. Woody and Michael figuring out the digital scale. Jon still on his string work and Bear's take down tweaked a little and ready to brace back up and see what else it is going to need.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12446 on: June 22, 2015, 05:33:49 am »
Some bow work/string work and Big A making some stringers Saturday morning waiting out the rain. R.P. spoiling Sally with some donuts. ;) :) That dog id ruined. ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12447 on: June 22, 2015, 05:37:19 am »
Chuck chasing a growth ring while GregB  coaches him along. ??? Just kidding Chuck is the man on chasing bad rings. :) Some repairs on my band saw, it just needs a little love. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12448 on: June 22, 2015, 05:43:05 am »
 Geoffrey doing some napping and Some shooting after the rain stopped and finally got time to haul creek rock and wood chips to get the landing on the new bridge built up so we can pour the concrete pad for the steps.  ;) :)We have plenty of creek rock ;) :) and Beau had the folks that clear the power lines for Cumberland electric start dropping us some loads of the wood chips, the work great for trails around the ranges.  ;) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:52:21 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12449 on: June 22, 2015, 05:50:59 am »
Bridge ready to pour concrete pad, only took about 10 or 12 loads of rock, but it is now in very good and packed so concrete shouldn't crack at least for a while anyway. that's it for the weekend, hope you all had a good one and also a great Father's day. Beau and Christina came by Friday evening to see me with a card and new deer stand, ;) :) :) they left for New Orleans Saturday morning early and then caught a big boat for Honduras for Sunday morning for 10 days so couldn't be with me on Father's day. I know they will have a big time, hope they stay safe. :-\ Life is Good.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good