Author Topic: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress  (Read 350942 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress
« Reply #1005 on: August 27, 2015, 08:57:13 pm »
Jeff, can't wait to see the pictures of that one!

Good for you bubbles! Glad  yours made it!

I hope mine gets here soon! I'll be gone for a week over labor day weekend. I would hate for it to sit outside. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline longbowhntr

« Reply #1006 on: August 27, 2015, 10:01:42 pm »
First off, I have no dog in this hunt so take this for what you will.
I have never participated in a bow trade here on PA but I have over on TG for 3 years I think. The last couple years I have not joined in because of being to busy and just "life" happening. For me it was never about the bow I was getting but about the best bow I could  make for someone else. Did those folks get the best bow in the trade, No way. They did get my best effort  at the time.
So with all that said, if a bow is needed for someone to finish this trade. I would be happy to built one.
Thanks David
Near Dardanelle of Yell County Arkansas

mikekeswick

« Reply #1007 on: August 28, 2015, 02:33:03 am »
I'm sorry there has been some bad feelings this year but in a way it's understandable to me. Unfortunately for this to work we are relying on every single person who partakes to be upstanding, honest, proud and humble all at the same time. I'll put the offer out there as well - if anybody is left stuck without a serviceable bow i'll make another.

Jeff - yes the belly is pau amerillo or yellowheart. I think Marc St Louis recently posted a bow using it as a bellywood as well, I don't see many people using it but it is very elastic, easy to work and compression resistant and the real kicker for me is that it tends to be very straight grained. The overlays are just plain old buffalo horn. The other woods are 1/4 sawn maple back, purpleheart core, zebrano powerlam and a small piece of tambooti for the handle. It is such a cool wood to work with. I cut this piece for your handle and my workshop still smells of it a week later. It's almost a shame to have sealed the smell in!
http://www.sabisabi.com/wildfacts/tamboti-tree/  read this for a bit more info on it.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #1008 on: August 28, 2015, 10:46:40 am »
Good, but don't tell Chris I said that!  >:D

Patrick

Im much less of a dink in person ;)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #1009 on: August 28, 2015, 12:02:03 pm »
Good, but don't tell Chris I said that!  >:D

Patrick

Im much less of a dink in person ;)

Lol Pearly! I was talking about the bad Chris!
I haven't met you in person yet but that statement may apply to you to >:D Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #1010 on: August 28, 2015, 12:05:34 pm »
Bad Chris? He is dink in person to. You think he was given that name because he is all roses? Oh, heck no.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #1011 on: August 28, 2015, 12:37:03 pm »
Ive met patrick at the classic...he knows im an a$$hole not only online,but in person too. At least im real and the same person ya get online and in person unlike some other phonies around here...lol  :laugh:

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #1012 on: August 28, 2015, 01:01:57 pm »
Ive met patrick at the classic...he knows im an a$$hole not only online,but in person too. At least im real and the same person ya get online and in person unlike some other phonies around here...lol  :laugh:

True statement Chris! I'm glad that you are

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #1013 on: August 28, 2015, 07:59:13 pm »
I have received. 

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #1014 on: August 29, 2015, 12:32:35 pm »
So what did you receive bubbles?

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #1015 on: August 29, 2015, 01:17:26 pm »
I want to send a the guy a pm before I post the bow. Waiting for one of the organizers to give me his handle so I can shoot him a message.  There wasn't a note that included that info with the bow. I threw out the tube which had his real name on it before I realized that his name wasn't anywhere on the bow.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1016 on: August 29, 2015, 08:39:58 pm »
Holy crap! I thought I'd click on here for the first time and see some Trade Bows. Looks like I was lucky enough to miss out on all of the whining, and drama instead. I can't believe the petty BS I've been reading and only went back 9 pages from the end.

Bruce, and a few other people I think missed the point in all of this. If you were expecting to get a perfect bow to your liking you should have done a personal trade with someone and also read up on the rules and "spirit" of this Bow swap. Bruce, by the way, the osage bow you got from me a year ago came from the "bad" Chris. He sent me that bow because I got stiffed by someone overseas. You wanted an Osage so you got it, I had plenty. I've been in the Bow Swap 4 times, got stiffed twice and would have been in this year if I hadn't been working so many hours.

I'll be glad to monitor this or head it up next year. I have a lot of information on everybody and I don't mind calling and asking what's up about being late or not coming through on your end. Or asking why you don't have the decency to give your recipient a heads up.

I'm glad I wasn't in on this, this year, I'd be embarrassed.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sleek

« Reply #1017 on: August 29, 2015, 08:49:55 pm »
Mullet, I look forward to next year   >:D
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #1018 on: August 29, 2015, 11:04:05 pm »
Gents, From my count there are 3 senders left. Blob, I think yours is on its way.
Sleek, has yours left? I suppose you talked to your number 2 sender?

That leaves 2!

I know your names, I'm not gonna give too many hints, One of you has contacted me, the other Hasn't  >:D!!!

We are damn near 15 days passed. If you haven't contacted your guy and they are waiting PLEASE let them know why it is held up, and when it is expected. Thanks.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline sleek

« Reply #1019 on: August 30, 2015, 12:19:15 am »
No Jojo, I haven't talked to my number two sender. I have done business with him in the past. He didnt do me wrong back then. Im sure its legit whatever is holding him up. I havent sent the make up bow yet, but its shooting and shooting nicely.  I have talked to the recipient and he knows im waiting on meeting back up with Patric so he can add his leather handle wrap mojo and other things im no good at to it. That guy is a master wood finisher and his bows aint bad either. It will be shipped after that.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others