Author Topic: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress  (Read 352268 times)

Offline jeffp51

Re: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress
« Reply #1065 on: September 02, 2015, 07:21:04 pm »
I thought the rules were that only relatively experience bowyers could participate?  This kind of makes me shy away from my wanting to participating next year

Marc, I would hope you would participate.  I think I am getting better at this, but there is still much I can learn from people with your skill and experience. I am even learning from the conversation on how to fix this particular bow.

Every full-draw photo that gets commented on teaches me something.  I don't trust myself to comment on tiller yet, but I form my own opinion about hinges and such and wait for someone to confirm or contradict what I think I see.

I am sure people have and will continue to slip into the bowtrade who maybe aren't ready, but the pressure of trying to do the best job possible helps  to accelerate the learning process.

Thanks for what you have taught me so far, even if you didn't know you were doing it.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #1066 on: September 02, 2015, 08:28:21 pm »
I thought the rules were that only relatively experience bowyers could participate?  This kind of makes me shy away from my wanting to participating next year

Marc, I would hope you would participate.  I think I am getting better at this, but there is still much I can learn from people with your skill and experience. I am even learning from the conversation on how to fix this particular bow.

Every full-draw photo that gets commented on teaches me something.  I don't trust myself to comment on tiller yet, but I form my own opinion about hinges and such and wait for someone to confirm or contradict what I think I see.

I am sure people have and will continue to slip into the bowtrade who maybe aren't ready, but the pressure of trying to do the best job possible helps  to accelerate the learning process.

Thanks for what you have taught me so far, even if you didn't know you were doing it.

Very nicely said Jeff! I have learned a lot the same exact way. I always refer to certain members bows to look at tiller. And Marc you are one of the names on the top of my list!  I believe my tillering eye is beginning to get pretty good finally. Now to go to a eye doctor and see if I need glasses. (seriously)

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline sleek

« Reply #1067 on: September 02, 2015, 08:51:49 pm »
I dont know exactly what to say or what to hope for out of this situation so im just gonna state facts and let what happens happen.

I volunteered to help with make up bows. Happy I did and dont mind it and will do it again. I am working on one, maybe two depending on how things pan out. Rules state if you dont ship a bow you make you ship the one you recieve. Because I step in to fill a guy who for one reason or another ( call him X ) I should recieve the bow X recieved. I was told this by they guys running this show. 

I was contacted by one of the fellas in charge saying I will receive the bow built for X from the builders of that bow because he hadn't shipped. I was told that there was a conversation between the gella running this and the builder to confirm this.

Now I have done trades with duke ( the builder ) before and he is a swell guy. But apparently he was not made aware of the change in plans before it was too late.  (  this has me confused because the fella who duke is supposed to report to and such said to me that this was a done deal and I should get this bow )

Duke messaged me today after I sent him a pm. He apologized that this are how they are ( not his fault ) and he had several bows made up he just needs my stats. Of course, duke doesnt owe me a thing. How could i accept his generosity? Thats not what this is about for starters.  Maybe im being a pain in the neck here but I do think that this is a messed up situation.  And I appreciate duke for trying to help. I dont need a bow, Jo5h made me an outstanding onethat shoots great and I love it. Its not about me trying to be greedy and get two bows out this trade just because im making two. Its abodut a terrible lack in communication, organization, and concern for the the rules.  I was promised something,  and it hadnt happened.  Id be fine if I wasnt told,  " you get this bow now because its the rules " because I wasnt expecting anything to start with.

Now to be fair, the guy who recieved but didnt ship offered to help me with shipping cost of my make up bow. Thats mighty fine of him. I just felt the need to lay this situation out there because its rubbing me raw. I dont expect a resolution to it either.  I expect to be told to be quiet and I will be about this from here on now that I said my piece.

Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline duke3192

• pm109331
« Reply #1068 on: September 02, 2015, 09:04:50 pm »
sleek, you are an outstanding person, we all need to step up and do better next time. I was't going to do this again, but I will because of all the people that have posted such positive comments.
charter member of traditional bow hunters of Florida.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #1069 on: September 02, 2015, 09:16:58 pm »
Hey guys...
I may be reading this wrong but.....
Lets give Kelly a break...I would hope he understands he jumped into something a little soon, and if I was him I would feel like I was in a big bind.
Kelly if I was you I would take the bow that you have received and pass it forward......get a little more experience and inter the bow trade at a later date....
Guys enough said...let it die.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #1070 on: September 02, 2015, 09:18:53 pm »
Hey guys...
I may be reading this wrong but.....
Lets give Kelly a break...I would hope he understands he jumped into something a little soon, and if I was him I would feel like I was in a big bind.
Kelly if I was you I would take the bow that you have received and pass it forward......get a little more experience and inter the bow trade at a later date....
Guys enough said...let it die.
DBar

That's the best thing said in the last couple pages of this post

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #1071 on: September 02, 2015, 09:23:35 pm »
I'm just wondering if I'm going to receive a bow in this trade?
I have had no word either way....

I think DBar is right, I hope Kelly doesn't think he is being singled out. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline sleek

« Reply #1072 on: September 02, 2015, 09:58:02 pm »
KellyG at least has the balls to show exactly whats going on late or not and the fortitude to carry on and the humbleness to ask for help. Heck of a guy.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #1073 on: September 02, 2015, 10:05:56 pm »
Yep..... it's the silent ones the get to me the most.............
PM me Kelly any time if you need help... :) ;)
DBar

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #1074 on: September 02, 2015, 10:08:07 pm »
This year is a mess, lol. I'll still be in next year. It till get me making bows. And in the long run that's what counts.
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #1075 on: September 02, 2015, 10:12:28 pm »
Sometimes I think we.... and I'm guilty sometimes too....we need to use the PM more often to the help the inexperience instead of posting on the thread.....JIMHO
DBar

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #1076 on: September 02, 2015, 10:16:47 pm »
Enough..........
Lets see some bows you guys have received!!!!!! That's what is all about !  ;D ;D ;)
DBar

Offline bubby

« Reply #1077 on: September 02, 2015, 10:25:28 pm »
Well said Dbar lets see some bows
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline LittleBen

« Reply #1078 on: September 02, 2015, 11:34:18 pm »
Geeze if I wanted to hear endless b****ing I can just go bicker with my wife ... When will it end lol

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #1079 on: September 02, 2015, 11:39:16 pm »
We have 3 that have yet to ship by my records. Kelly G, who is making a go of it, and I thank him for, Wildkatt and Huisme. Wildkatt has messaged me and said he was behind. Huisme is a ghost. Haven't heard from him in a week. Didn't answer when I called and left a message last night. He WAS logged in last night. To me that looks like he is avoiding the duties he signed up for. Call me the bad guy, I don't really care what anyone thinks. The people who have a right to be pissed in the trade this year have been silent about it. It too bad we all couldn't learn from them before hand.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:43:39 pm by JoJoDapyro »
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.