Author Topic: 2nd Annual Cross Plains Get-together (Pictures Added)  (Read 42157 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: 2nd Annual Cross Plains Get-together
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2012, 11:45:35 pm »
I would say I'd bring a bunch of venison but it's been in the freezer for a few years. I bet if we hungry enough it'd still be good though ;D..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2012, 01:20:42 am »
What's your point?  >:D

It's covered by the hat I wear!

That's exactly what I expected.  Kindred spirits?
St Paul, TX

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2012, 03:18:01 am »
Guess we should put our pointy heads together and get a rough idea of who is bringing what to cook... :)

At present I'm planning on bringing:

Cabrito to Grill/Smoke, and my Webber.
Fish to Fry along with my Propane Burner and Frying Gear.

Cipriano, did you say you were bringing Rattler for the Frying as well?

Heck if y'all want to bring something to run through the Hot Grease, its not problem.
I can throw a sack of Flour in the camping gear to bring along.

If we bring enough food, two days might not be long enough...  ;D

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2012, 03:22:23 am »
Yes sir. So far about 20 lbs. hoping to get more.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2012, 08:34:53 am »
Ooo I love deep fried rattlesnake.  :)

I'll plan on making biscuits and gravy for breakfast on Saturday morning.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline neuse

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2012, 12:01:34 pm »
I can either do Friday dinner or Saturday lunch, or both. Deer sausage, beans and something. Or a lite lunch of ham salad.
If somebody takes charge of menu planning, just let me know and I can bring whatever.

Byron

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2012, 03:54:36 pm »
Yea Paul, I like venison of all ages. :)

Byron, how bout we put you in charge of lunch on Saturday and we'll let Gus handle the cooking duties for the dinners (Fri and Sat)?  I like the deer sausage, beans, etc idea for lunch.  It sounds like Gus has enough meat to do both Friday and Saturday dinners, especially with Cip's rattlesnake.  I'll take care of breakfast on Saturday.  If you guys need more food to round out the meals, put out some suggestions and I suspect somebody will sign up to bring it. 

One thing to remember is the only water there is from a shallow windmill well.  I don't know if it's drinkable so I bring bottled water and iced tea to drink.  You should plan on bringing a cooler with whatever you're going to drink.  The land owner is OK with beer and the like as long as everybody stays civil and nobody goes hog hunting after drinking. 

Is anybody staying over into Sunday morning?  I'll probably try to get a sub for my Sunday morning responsibilities at church so I don't have to drive home Saturday night late.  Right now I'm planning to leave before noon on Sunday.  I guess that means we need another breakfast then for whoever is still there.  Any requests for breakfast?

George
St Paul, TX

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2012, 04:47:37 pm »
George, I'm staying overnight Saturday and I'll probably leave when you leave.  I'll also take some time off work so I ca arrive earlier that 8pm on Friday night.  My boys are coming with me too.  ;D  Hopefully they will take a break from killing each other while we are there...hahah :o
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline neuse

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2012, 07:23:31 pm »
I plan on staying till Sunday morning.
Ok I got lunch for Saturday.

Offline ksbowhunter

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2012, 11:09:11 pm »
George, we will be leaving sunday morning.I can bring some food,any suggestions?

Shaun

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2012, 11:18:55 pm »
George, I'm staying overnight Saturday and I'll probably leave when you leave.  I'll also take some time off work so I ca arrive earlier that 8pm on Friday night.  My boys are coming with me too.  ;D  Hopefully they will take a break from killing each other while we are there...hahah :o

Patrick, I am brining Diego. He talks about your boys all the time. It will be fun for them.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2012, 11:37:50 pm »
George, we will be leaving sunday morning.I can bring some food,any suggestions?

Shaun

Byron and Gus, anything Shaun could bring for the lunch or dinners?  If not we'll come up with something Shaun.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2012, 12:43:18 am »
I'm just going to bring a bunch of stuff to throw in the pot. Whatever happens after that happens :). I don't eat a lot but man I gotta have my coffee in the morning. Can't wait guys! I'm starting to get butterflies. Haven't been to one of these function's in awhile..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2012, 01:07:24 am »
I'm just going to bring a bunch of stuff to throw in the pot. Whatever happens after that happens :). I don't eat a lot but man I gotta have my coffee in the morning. Can't wait guys! I'm starting to get butterflies. Haven't been to one of these function's in awhile..

Uh-oh, I"m not sure there's even a coffee pot out there. :o  Anybody got a camp coffee pot they could bring?

I'm looking forward to getting together too.  Is there anything else I should be doing to make it a better time? 

Thanks,
George
St Paul, TX

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2012, 03:04:44 am »
Sounds like some Good Stuff Y'all!  :)

I would like to stay over and leave out Sunday Morning as well.

Cipriano and I have critters for cookin' Friday and Saturday nights.
For Friday, spicy cornmeal battered Rattlesnake and Speckeled Trout deep fried in Jalapeņo seasoned grease.
Was thinking of Bringing a sack of Taters to Fry along with the Rattlers and Fish.
I can pick up some nice French Bread to go with it...
So we might want to come up with some Coleslaw or something to go with it,
if anyone knows a place or has a recipe.

For Saturday evening  Grilled/Smoked Cabirto, cut like Fajitas, on Bolillos or Tortillas.
With grilled onions and bell peppers, pico de gallo, guacamole and Jalapeņos...
With rice and beans.
Musical program to follow... :)

I'll plan on bringing 5 gallons of water as well.

Was planning on bring my small Mead telescope for star gazing weather allowing.
Venus, Saturn, and Mars will be up in our skies.
I'll also bring my acustic bass...

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX