Author Topic: Another Invitational 2016 Bow Trade...  (Read 125548 times)

Offline JonW

Re: Another Invitational 2016 Bow Trade...
« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2016, 07:42:49 am »
Arvin we set that date to give everyone ample opportunity to get their bow completed. Secondly we thought it would be neat if everyone got their bow around the same time and we could all post pics together. I will have mine finished way before the date and I admit it will be hard to wait. :)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2016, 09:17:39 am »
IF I get done early (unlikely), it won't be hard to wait. Will just shoot the snot out of it!  >:D
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2016, 10:54:37 am »
Ok I guess I will wait till June . I will be out of state during that time and so I guess I will mail it from the road somewhere. Plan on being up north where it is cool in July - August. May get to see some of you yanks this summer. Looking forward to it. Going to try to do some of y'all's trad shoots. Need to start looking for shoots north at that time. Later on maybe you guys can tell me the ones not to miss.   
Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2016, 11:57:15 am »
Ok I guess I will wait till June . I will be out of state during that time and so I guess I will mail it from the road somewhere. Plan on being up north where it is cool in July - August. May get to see some of you yanks this summer. Looking forward to it. Going to try to do some of y'all's trad shoots. Need to start looking for shoots north at that time. Later on maybe you guys can tell me the ones not to miss.   
Arvin

Arvin - MOJAM is in Marshall, MO in July.  Though it's never been noted for cool weather, it's likely less oppressive than the Texas Heat you are accustomed to!  Several of us will be there and would welcome you happily...

OneBow

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #229 on: February 08, 2016, 12:29:04 pm »
One limb is reflexed a bit and other deflexed. Handle and/or limbs need to be moved as string just barely passes through handle.
Planning to add tip overlays at some point.

Here's the plan.
+++ Even out limbs (reflex)
+++ Deflex handle
+++ Low brace
+++ Align tips with handle
+++ Flip tips
+++ Add tip overlays
+++ Final tillering

Thanks for reading and looking forward to recommends.

Thanks, guys, for inputs. Above now reflects where am headed.

Now to get rid of this head cold. Just not motivated at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 12:32:10 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline JonW

« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2016, 01:31:20 pm »
Six shots of whiskey Mike....

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #231 on: February 08, 2016, 02:26:25 pm »
Six shots of whiskey Mike....

Need lotsa liquid. So may sub with 6 beers. And it's past noon!!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 02:42:31 pm by Knoll »

Offline DC

« Reply #232 on: February 08, 2016, 03:46:49 pm »
I used to work with a girl that had her own treatment for a cold. Two Neo-citrans and three ounces of rye whiskey. She swore that when she woke up three days later her cold was gone :-\

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #233 on: February 08, 2016, 07:05:40 pm »
Well, the beer didn't help much and not able to sleep.   :(   So, might as well put up some pics. Floor tiller status . . . . . .

Here's the limb that has bit of deflex.   

And the limb with bit of reflex.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:31:15 pm by Knoll »

Offline sleek

« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2016, 08:15:26 pm »
I realize after getting out of the navy my alcohol tollerences have dropped a smidge.... well a lot really but i have founfld that when mixed with bow making, in my case anyway, the results can be disastrous.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JonW

« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2016, 08:22:41 pm »
Sleek I say practice, practice, practice...

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2016, 08:23:41 pm »
Sleek I say practice, practice, practice...

seconded

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2016, 12:26:42 am »
I like to have a few drinks while working on bows. But for some reason I stop building bows after so many drinks. I guess if I drank more I would build more bows but if I built more bows I would drink more.  Now I don't know what to do...
Guess I'll have to  practice, practice,  practice!  :laugh:

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #238 on: February 09, 2016, 06:23:45 am »
A cold beer is not a must but while on the heat bench it sure helps the time pass!  Arvin

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #239 on: February 09, 2016, 06:28:19 am »
What are the dates of Mojam? Hopefully not the same as IBO world shoot. Would love to attend. Arvin