Author Topic: Not buying it on leatherwall  (Read 13862 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: Not buying it on leatherwall
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2020, 11:48:36 am »
I shot Marc's Sinbad bow thousands of times over 30", and have had 2 others that he built for me that took the same abuse while practicing and hunting. Mark Introduced me to my friend Steve Gardner, who has handed me too many fast bows to count.

Yes but you failed to mention that you had a 31" draw when I made the bow and I had tillered it to 28"  ???.  Imagine my shock when you told me you were shooting it at 31"  :o
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2020, 11:57:02 am »
I shot Marc's Sinbad bow thousands of times over 30", and have had 2 others that he built for me that took the same abuse while practicing and hunting. Mark Introduced me to my friend Steve Gardner, who has handed me too many fast bows to count.

Yes but you failed to mention that you had a 31" draw when I made the bow and I had tillered it to 28"  ???.  Imagine my shock when you told me you were shooting it at 31"  :o

A testimony to your ability Marc... I have only made a couple of bows for people with 30+ inch draws... I don't like it.   :fp
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline HH~

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2020, 11:58:02 am »
That crony shot next to an Oehler is about always 15fps faster than the Ohler speeds. Tested them and others against Oehler and a doppler and speedmagnito. Put arrow thru a good Oehler 3 sensor and you drop 15-20fps off that reading. Was what I fiigered folks were shooting thru.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline ibex

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2020, 12:04:36 pm »
 Thanks for the clarification Marc. I certainly failed to mention many of the abuses I've put your bows through over the past 15 years or so. I treat the just like my sytnhetic recurves, which isn't very good treatment at all.
𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙚.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2020, 12:05:32 pm »
Whats the length and stats on white lightning?

White Lightning 2 was 65" long with 1 3/4" wide limbs.  It pulled 60# @ 27"

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline bassman

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2020, 04:07:14 pm »
My brother has  an archery pro shop, and a professional, large ,expensive, chrony. It is big ,and red. Don't know the name of it, but it is a professional model. Big bucks.  My brothers ,and I have the red chronies like above. On any given day cloudy, sunny, or in between when we check ours against his which we do often some days the readings are spot on. Other days up to 5fps difference, but I have never seen 15 to 20 fps.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2020, 04:52:55 pm »
That crony shot next to an Oehler is about always 15fps faster than the Ohler speeds. Tested them and others against Oehler and a doppler and speedmagnito. Put arrow thru a good Oehler 3 sensor and you drop 15-20fps off that reading. Was what I fiigered folks were shooting thru.

HH~

If there is a difference then it is user error

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline HH~

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2020, 06:09:43 pm »
Hardly. Ever test chronos? I have and almost in every case two eyes almost always are faster reading than a quality chrono or doppler.

Tell me. How would you know that would be user error?

HH~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2020, 06:32:15 pm »
I have a Competition Electronics and a Shooting Chrony.  If set up correctly, they both give the same reading.  A friend has a LABRADAR DOPPLER, and it will read the same as mine, when we set them up properly.  We have tested our selfbows, as well as handgun and rifle loads.
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline ibex

« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2020, 06:48:33 pm »
I'm impressed! When it comes to chronograph technology, you primitive guys appear to be way ahead of the Leatherwall group.

Offline HH~

« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2020, 06:57:42 pm »
Sound like good units. Ever shoot them against an Oehler or a
The cheap two sensor ones here of which there are several will get you close but are generally a tad fast. We suspected this but when we confirmed with a good doppler setup it was confirmed.

The beauty of a good doppler it can give down range data during flight.

HH~

Offline PatM

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2020, 06:58:13 pm »
I'm  surprised that a guy who won't test his own bows would offer an opinion.

Offline ibex

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2020, 07:07:42 pm »
 After shooting Marc's and Steve G's bows side by side against the best synthetic component trad bows with certified speed credentials, it's apparent that they are fast. I don't know much at all about Chronographs, but I'm quite certain that this boar was dead before he figured out what hit him.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2020, 08:30:30 pm »
I still have a copy of the pic Steve.

I've done a lot of chrono testing from high power rifles to pellet guns and arrows, I've gone through more than one machine.  I've also read plenty of claims that an Oehler is better but never seen any proof of it

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2020, 08:49:55 pm »

That ticks me off more than you know even when pulling a unlimited bow I would make. I feel your pain Marc.  Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!